Festival cider kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't but would be interested to hear how yours turns out. With turbo cider being so cheap to make I'd like to know if proper kits are that much better.

I made one up in the shop last year. Went down very well with the customers, and sold loads on the back of it. Finished it in a pressure barrel, and it was ok, but I think it would have been much better bottled and left to age a bit...

I made one up in the shop last year. Went down very well with the customers, and sold loads on the back of it. Finished it in a pressure barrel, and it was ok, but I think it would have been much better bottled and left to age a bit...
Thanks, that’s good to know. I was planning on bottling this as it happens but can’t guarantee I’ll be able to keep my paws off long enough for it to get very old😬

Thanks, that’s good to know. I was planning on bottling this as it happens but can’t guarantee I’ll be able to keep my paws off long enough for it to get very old😬
How did yours turn out? I have a kit which I am going to put on the go tomorrow. I will be leaving this to condition and mature until May.

I did the Festival Oaked Apple Cider kit back in February and left it to condition and age in the bottles until now. Turned out really well. I followed the Kit instructions except for the apple flavoring, was worried it would add a chemical taste to the brew so I just added half of the sachet. It is a really nice cider, and at 7.5% it packs a punch, I’ve just had one, I rarely have a midweek tipple but felt like 1 tonight and had one of these in the fridge. I’d love another one but glad that I have no more in the fridge. I’m looking forward to having a few in the back garden around the BBQ someday soon.

Attachments

• 7176F48B-F0D9-4405-A9A1-FAE6657F5469.jpeg
    7176F48B-F0D9-4405-A9A1-FAE6657F5469.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Back