Festival London Porter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymac

Reaction score
I am only on my 4th brew and have started a Festival London Porter. The kit had 2 packs of yeast 10g each. I assumed this was a mistake and have only added one to my 23ltr bucket.
I am now starting to worry if I should have put both in.
Have I made a mistake and can I rectify it now by adding the other pack now I started the fermentation 2 days ago?
Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

A quick internet search confirmed that 1 X 10g yeast is supplied, so sounds like you got lucky! In any event 10g yeast should be enough for 23l of wort, assuming the OG isn't much above 1.050 and you are fermenting at 18-20deg C ish. Has is started fermenting yet?

Thanks. OG was 1.050 exactly and I am fermenting at just below 20 deg C. some pressure is building but no bubbling through the lock yet. only started it Sunday.

Thanks. OG was 1.050 exactly and I am fermenting at just below 20 deg C. some pressure is building but no bubbling through the lock yet. only started it Sunday.
I wouldn't worry too much. It will be fine. Not my tipple though. One of the first I brewed too, I wasn't that impressed.

I am only on my 4th brew and have started a Festival London Porter. The kit had 2 packs of yeast 10g each. I assumed this was a mistake and have only added one to my 23ltr bucket.
I am now starting to worry if I should have put both in.
Have I made a mistake and can I rectify it now by adding the other pack now I started the fermentation 2 days ago?
Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
Was searching for Festival Porter as I put a kit on just now. Mine came in at OG 1042 but it was about 26C when I pitched, was wondering how yours turned out @dannymac ?

Six/seven weeks in the bottle and my Porter is being to taste other good. The liquorice flavour was quite strong at 4 weeks but has mellowed now and I think this could become a firm favourite. I'll take it easy to make sure I have some for Christmas

Latest posts

Back