Festival Oak Aged Cider Kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm after a bit of help please.

I've searched everywhere to get hold of a Festival oaked cider kit but can't find any. Does anyone know if it has been discontinued?

Still looking for the Festival Oaked aged cider kits but still can't find it anywhere.
Please let me know if you see any in stock

Yer seems to be out everywhere. The smaller mail order home brew shops are always worth a go and further down in the search results on google.

im a couple of months into this kit and brewed it 3l short and split it into half without the flavour addictive and half with although I only used half the additive sachet. I like strong tasting full bodied ciders like westons and while this is the best cider kit I’ve tasted I’m not yet convinced I like it. It tastes quite like a farmhouse cider

Yer seems to be out everywhere. The smaller mail order home brew shops are always worth a go and further down in the search results on google.

im a couple of months into this kit and brewed it 3l short and split it into half without the flavour addictive and half with although I only used half the additive sachet. I like strong tasting full bodied ciders like westons and while this is the best cider kit I’ve tasted I’m not yet convinced I like it. It tastes quite like a farmhouse cider

Yes I'm a huge fan of Westons vintage cider-8.2%!
This kit seems to be the closest one to it I've read but can't seem to get hold of one to try.
Please keep me updated with how yours goes as I'm am interested to know.

I've just made a cider with Tesco 100% apple juice and fermented it fully. Some went in a keg and was force-carbonated the rest went in bottles with a sugar drop. It's really good, dry, 6% and cloudy but a nice, fresh appley taste.

I've just made a cider with Tesco 100% apple juice and fermented it fully. Some went in a keg and was force-carbonated the rest went in bottles with a sugar drop. It's really good, dry, 6% and cloudy but a nice, fresh appley taste.

That sounds good. I like sparkling ciders so have been bottling mine.
Do you have a recipe for me to follow please as I wouldn't mind trying that out?
What sort of cost was involved?

4L Tesco apple juice
Sugar
Wine yeast

Total sugars 550g in 4.5L

Calculated ABV 6%

I never took the OG. FG was 0.993 I think.

Back