Festival Razorback stuck at 1012

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyuptm

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone done this kit and had it stick at around 1012? Been in FV for 17 days, at 18.5° in ferm fridge, and last 3 days it hasn't budged...
Still airlock activity, so I've upped the temperature to 19.5 now, see if that kick-starts it again!!
Smells lovely from the samples, though!!

1.012 isn't exactly stuck. If it hasn't moved for several days then it's probably done. If it was reading 1.020 or something then it would be a stuck ferment. You could try upping the temperature / stirring it a bit and you may get another point or two. Also why 18.5°C, that's at the low end for an ale yeast? I brew kits like this around 20°C and never have any trouble getting near the FG.

1.012 isn't exactly stuck. If it hasn't moved for several days then it's probably done. If it was reading 1.020 or something then it would be a stuck ferment. You could try upping the temperature / stirring it a bit and you may get another point or two. Also why 18.5°C, that's at the low end for an ale yeast? I brew kits like this around 20°C and never have any trouble getting near the FG.
Yes, I've upped the temp to 20.5 overnight, and it's chugging away again! Thanks, will try the next batch at 20°, and report back. Even at 18.5, the initial fermentation went off like a rocket, so I'll have to watch for that!! Thanks for your replies.

Latest posts

Back