Festival suffock strong ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_8

new to beer brewing
Reaction score
I started this kit yesterday and it seems to be fermenting rapidly I know the temperature increased this morning as the fermentation started, is this normal for this kit as you can see I have an ispindel I use it only as a guide bit it does look like a rapid fermentation
Screenshot_20211108-202801_Brewfather.jpg

It's now the 9th of November and the sg is at 1.017, I thought that this was a little bit quick to have dropped that much in a couple of days.
Also the instructions say that I have to dry hop on day 5 but I was going to leave it to day 8 and leave then in for 5 or 6 days then take them out, my concern is the fermentation may have flat lined by day 8, so will it still be ok to do that

Yeah that’ll still work fine mate, don’t worry!

my last batch fully fermented in 2 days…so quick fermentation isn’t unusual.
So if your last batch finished fermenting in two day, did you still leave it till day 12 to add the hops and bottle or keg on day 14

Also it should be noted that a pressure ferment. However that doesn’t really change the speed of the yeast as such, it means it can be ready to drink it about a week.

Fementer King 60ltr

My Suffolk strong was also a very rapid fermentation. Still left it the 2weeks then dried hopped then bottle at 3weeks. All good.

My hops only come out after I bottle. They are left if the FV with the trub.
a week is not unusual. Depends when I get the chance to bottle.
still working out the dissolved CO2 due to fermenting under pressure. Was a little over carbed. Still really nice though even after only 2 weeks in the bottle.

Latest posts

Back