Few bottling Questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link but its got me completly lost !!!! what do you mean by a ratio of 1.2 1.5 etc??? sorry for basic questions

chris

Sorry Chris. We are referring to the amount of CO2 dissolved in the beer. If you dissolve 1 pint of CO2 in 1 pint of beer you have 1 volume, 1.2 pints in a pint is 1.2 volumes . . . . largers are generally served with 2.0 to 2.5 volumes of CO2 . . . . unless you are in the Czech republic when I've had it served with ale levels of carbonation (1.2-1.5 volumes)

hey please dont apologize your being good enough to help me and i appreciate it, so do you reckon if i go with 80gr of sugar as my priming for 40 pints it will be good enough?

80g of sugar in 23 litres of beer fermented at 20C will give you around 1.7 volumes of CO2, which is under the 'recommended' carbonation level for lagers at 2.0 to 2.5 volumes . . .personally I would say that was fine. . . . it will be more manageable for pouring.

ahhhh am getting you, so maybe 100g might be better?? i just dont want to blow my bottles by putting to much in

100g will give you 2 volumes . . . If they are proper beer bottles then there will be no problems blowing them

Yes they are proper glass beer bottles, and thank you so much for all your help and everyone on this matter, sorry for so many questions

Back