Filling a gap in the new member map

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there...
I've been brewing for 53 years and I think it is time to up my game a bit, so I've joined this forum.

I started with 'Geordie' beer kits, moved on to extract brewing, and I have been all grain brewing since 1990. My current mash tun (a Bielmeier) has given up the ghost, so I need to treat myself to something new. Possibly a GF S40. I considered a brewzilla, but there aren't any available and the simplicity of the S40 appeals to me,

I live near Berwick upon Tweed, which does't seem to have any members, so maybe I'll fill a gap in the map.

Cheers!

Welcome OFAP! Love that name!

Personally I'd steer away from the S40 - up to you of course, but from what I've seen there's a lot of inconveniences with it.

If you have the funds, you'd be much happier with a G40 I'm sure, being an experienced gent. Failing that, if you're handy you could make your own 3 vessel system up. The Malt Miller have some decent stuff.

I have a Brewzilla - but I'd love a G40 or even something Brewtools - in my dreams ha ha!

Welcome OFAP! Love that name!

Personally I'd steer away from the S40 - up to you of course, but from what I've seen there's a lot of inconveniences with it.

If you have the funds, you'd be much happier with a G40 I'm sure, being an experienced gent. Failing that, if you're handy you could make your own 3 vessel system up. The Malt Miller have some decent stuff.

I have a Brewzilla - but I'd love a G40 or even something Brewtools - in my dreams ha ha!
Funny you should say that - I'm not too worried about the shortcomings of the s40 but tonight I'm starting to think, this will be the last mash tun I will buy, brewing is my favourite hobby.... what the heck that g40 looks superb!
Cheers

Back