Finally signed up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi after watching and reading a lot of posts on the forum I have finally signed up. I have been brewing for going on 5 years. I started of on kit beer and moved to all grain after about a year. Currently I am brewing using biab. If I was to describe my brewing it would be loose. I have never used recipe calculators. I would judge my beer on how it first tastes then on its looks. I am currently drinking a pale ale. Justed bottled a rye IPA and brewing a red ale.

"If I was to describe my brewing it would be loose. I have never used recipe calculators."
Welcome Samale. When I started brewing (1970) we didn't have recipe calculators just general rules of thumb and some equations from the likes of Dave Line. Things have moved on from those heady days, but I don't remember the beer being any the worse for it. Stay loose and free, I say.
Having said that, some of the tools offered by Brewers Friend like the temperature correction for hydrometers and the carbonation sugar additions for bottling are very useful.

Hi after watching and reading a lot of posts on the forum I have finally signed up. I have been brewing for going on 5 years. I started of on kit beer and moved to all grain after about a year. Currently I am brewing using biab. If I was to describe my brewing it would be loose. I have never used recipe calculators. I would judge my beer on how it first tastes then on its looks. I am currently drinking a pale ale. Justed bottled a rye IPA and brewing a red ale.
Hi and welcome finally.Not a bad bunch on the forum and always there to help.
Still waiting to sample that Red Ale.....

Latest posts

Back