finlandia winter brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cask is best

Landlord.
Reaction score
Finlandia winter brew.

Thought i had done something wrong when i got this kit up and running, there was no activity whatsoever anyway i kept it in the fv for three weeks the gravity was going down so i thought the hell to it it must be doing something. Anyway the sg was a high 1051 and it came down to 1012 5.2% i think that works out at. A week in the warm then moved to a cool place was drinking after two weeks. Very disappointing flat as a fart taste was not to bad. Ok i thought it's drinkable I'll just put it in a tankard so i can't see a glass of black liquid. It did have a head but it dispraised quickly say 10 mins.

A month later and this brew has picked up. It has a chocolatey taste smooth on the palette and has a head holding all the way down although by the time it's near the bottom it's only like a film on top which i can live with.

Would i buy again. Well actualy it was a gift personally i think yes but this ale needs time something I'm not very good at when there is beer in a cool garage at the weekend.

Regards.
CIB

nice review, cant help notice the sponsor "the home brew co" have this on special atm... oh temptation

Latest posts

Back