Fireman Sam axed as brigade mascot for not being inclusive

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bosses are not supposed to use age or weight as a reason not to employ someone but if the roll means a lot of heavy manual handling and a lot of walking it is obvious they are going to and I think that is fair.

As someone who is studying Physics and Engineering, it does annoy me when they give people the title of xyz engineer.
I would be also, not sure how it came to this, whether it's the millenials needing constant re-assurance that they are of value or just some other nonsense. for the sake of humour, Physics and Engineering if applied by the local council HR dept, would be the cleaner trying to throw rubbish into his cart, missing and having to pick it up!

As someone who is studying Physics and Engineering, it does annoy me when they give people the title of xyz engineer.
That's the fault of the Engineering Institutions who, in the UK, do little to elevate and promote the status of their professional engineer members, but just take the annual fee to support their activities. But try to get an engineering job without being a member of an Institution, your degree and experience only count for so much. As soon as I didnt need my Member and C.Eng status to carry on working I stopped paying the fees, but kept on getting warning letters which in the end changed to offers of big reductions on my fees, all of which I ignored.

My wife and I were also talking about maternity leave. I said that anyone leaving a job for whatever reason opens themselves up for losing said job. Man or women. I guess it's nice and all to keep someone's spot saved for them at a company but I wouldn't expect a company not to replace me if I was out for a lot of weeks. My wife agreed more or less. She's big on being fair and so am I.
I can only speak about the US situation here. Far too many people want to live extravagantly on two incomes than live moderately on one. It's really quite doable if people don't insist on having two cars and a giant house really for the reason of keeping up with the Jones'. I actually don't care which one does which. There's such a high percentage of people here who let strangers basically raise their children.
With the cost of living in the UK most need two average salaries to live in below average area.

My job title might change to data scientist soon, but my work isn't changing. Whilst I don't care about titles personally I think it's funny mine can change kind of dramatically. I do want to be a data scientist though so I can go round telling people: "I'm a scientist and global warming is fake"

My job title might change to data scientist soon, but my work isn't changing. Whilst I don't care about titles personally I think it's funny mine can change kind of dramatically. I do want to be a data scientist though so I can go round telling people: "I'm a scientist and global warming is fake"
What's global warming? :mad:

With the cost of living in the UK most need two average salaries to live in below average area.
That's too bad. What constitutes a "below-average area"? In Michigan, house prices varies greatly city by city. You could pay quadruple the price for the same house based on location.
I should have mentioned that having ten kids puts my idea out the window.

That's too bad. What constitutes a "below-average area"? In Michigan, house prices varies greatly city by city. You could pay quadruple the price for the same house based on location.
I should have mentioned that having ten kids puts my idea out the window.
An example of this is my street, a two bed house, just a standard terrace house, two years ago sold for £1.1m, someone was shot around the corner the same year, gangs hang around the streets late evening police are constantly responding to incidents by air and road and still the price for renting went up by 14%, I am not a overt lefty. but this maybe gives you an idea of inner city london.

An example of this is my street, a two bed house, just a standard terrace house, two years ago sold for £1.1m, someone was shot around the corner the same year, gangs hang around the streets late evening police are constantly responding to incidents by air and road and still the price for renting went up by 14%, I am not a overt lefty. but this maybe gives you an idea of inner city london.
Yeah, that's not good. It's different where I live in Detroit. I've always thought of the UK as much safer than the US on average except when watching Luther.

Just over 1hr out of there by train and same house is £220k, it's not too stabby but I try to stay indoors!

Yeah, that's not good. It's different where I live in Detroit. I've always thought of the UK as much safer than the US on average except when watching Luther.
There was a point either earlier this year or late last year, that london had more knife related deaths than new york, without going deep, I see london as a very dangerous city.

Latest posts

Back