Fireworks.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the quietest night before bonfire night i can remember fingers crossed it'll be the same tomorrow night our cats don't know how lucky they are.

Maybe it's age creeping up on me but it's about time now they made it organised displays only I feel.

We have been saying the same for years its the animals i feel sorry for there are also far too many vans going round selling display fireworks we used to see the same bloke at our industrial estate year on year.

Don't get me wrong I love watching them I always have. I love the smell of them the lights and even the noise.

I'm not pet owner but it's not right to have them so close to urban streets and houses.

Let them all off at displays where you can see thousands of pounds worth of fun in areas that minimise the disruption and on allocated dates.

Preventing any individual letting them off at any date or time from their garden would go a long way.

Some music masks the sound a bit for the animals I find, Techno ideally. Our dogs have been the worst for getting spooked, the house cats dont seem to mind as much, and the rabbit couldn't care less surprisingly. Chocolate Lab would run behind the couch shaking, not good

Last edited:
Yeah my dogs just go out and bark at them...but I do think some display or very large stuff is being used at home by some.

Yes round our way they very kindly let of several different explosions at varying times of night, scaring the hell out of our 3 cats. Even the semi psychotic one hid under a chair for a while.

The neurotic one just hid under the bed, so he was fine lol

Big fireworks near my new home last night.

My poor Cat was quaking.

Seems to have recovered now thank heavens.

Were there any organised displays this year? I'd have thought that they would have been cancelled due to lockdown.

There's nothing wrong with having a few fireworks in your garden. We have all arsed about with them at some point in our youth, although probably not to the extent of the guy in the video. Let's not go down the line of banning something, because its fun. I just wish people would keep them to the correct night.

Were there any organised displays this year? I'd have thought that they would have been cancelled due to lockdown.

There's nothing wrong with having a few fireworks in your garden. We have all arsed about with them at some point in our youth, although probably not to the extent of the guy in the video. Let's not go down the line of banning something, because its fun. I just wish people would keep them to the correct night.

I’ve no idea if there were any organised displays to be honest. I think your point about just having them on the nominated date would be a good compromise if it could ever be enforced - unfortunately...

As a kid I used to make my own - not always successful, not always safe but always, always fun! 😂

We have all arsed about with them at some point in our youth,

I don't object to families having small firework parties small boxes of fireworks for young kids don't make much noise its the numpties selling display fireworks to idiots that need sorting (they should be strung up by the ********) these idiots let them off in their back gardens freaking out every animal in a 1 mile radius .

We got some right retards round here...they sound like bombs going off.
Some low lifes killed a cat with a firework bit far from us...they need horsewhipping...then shooting.

I tend to agree with you, but I have found myself feeling quite peed off with people letting fireworks off for hours every night over a 2 week period.

There was a group of about 20 youths on Thursday in the field just over our hedge letting off tons of fireworks. We have quite a few Scots pines so kept my eye on it. Didn't want to spoil their fun but was very close to phoning the plod at one point.

Been going off for past few nights.. I suspect with Diwali next week it will be going on for another week around here

Latest posts

Back