first AG brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave01

Reaction score
hi folks,
Did my first AG brew yesterday, Bathams best bitter clone.
All went well, a few suprises though, pre heated mash tun, then added water at around 72 degrees, added grain and the temp had already dropped to 66 degrees (maybe i spent too long putting the grain in!) anyway i put the lid on and sat on my hands for an hour and a half, to my surprise it worked and the temp had only dropped by one degree :eek:
it all took a lot longer than expected though eventually ending up with just under 23litres and a gravity of 1040 at around 25 degrees.
Very pleased with how it all went, just hope the final result will be worth it :cheers:

Nailing volume and gravity on AG1 is good going.

Well done

K

Excellent result on only loosing one degree over 90 minute mash. :clap:

Welcome to the world of AG :cheers:

Thanks for the replies folks,
Still cant believe i only lost one degree, from memory when i tested it with just water i lost 3 or 4 degrees.
Just checked FV and its lifted the lid and trying to climb out :lol:

Well done on your 1st AG Dave :clap: ...quite easy innit :cool: ...and welcome to the 'dark side' :P
All went well, a few suprises though, pre heated mash tun, then added water at around 72 degrees, added grain and the temp had already dropped to 66 degrees (maybe i spent too long putting the grain in!)
Ti's about right, great result to get it spot on 1st time, that's a 'hard bit' :thumb:

just bottled my Exmoor Gold. The first " blondie " coloured ale I've made. It looked rather strange and weak coming out of the mash tun, but is tasting nice.

Back