First All Grain Brew Questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woolley2002

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am after a little help with my first all grain brew which will take place this weekend.

Question 1

I am using a Brewdevil when it comes to sparge process do I lift the malt pipe up and rest 3 ledges, then slowly pour water from hot water boiler on top of the grain bed using a jug?

Question 2

Do I need to program a step into my program that I will run to allow for sparge process ie between mash out and boil? If I do what does everyone else set this at ie temp, time power?

dont know the Brewdevil but looks a copy of my Klarstein. once you finish mash, lift up you probably have to twist the grain basket to rest the feet let it drain a bit and then begin your sparge.

Ensure you sparge to your target preboil volume so that you get the correct amount going in the fermenter. It can be a faff as you cant see the scale without lifting out the grain basket to check

Take your time with sparging about halfway through you can probably turn up the temp to boil as it will take 20min or so to get from mash temp to boil. By then you probably are almost done with sparge and can chuck in your boil hops

Back