first all grain just kegged but tastes a bit like the smell of the grains.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liams1989

Reaction score
So I’ve just kegged my first all grain brew (CrossMyLoof London pride clone), I had a quick taste to see what it was like.
Now it wasn’t awful, however the taste of it was a bit like the smell of the grains when I opened the pack.
Is this that I’ve done something wrong, or that the beer just needs some time to condition?
I’m force carbing, but think this kind of beer might be better with a bit more aging

Last edited:
Time is your friend. No matter what methods you use there will be some particles of yeast and all sorts of other brewing ingredients so even with forced carbonation it needs 2 weeks minimum.

Thanks everyone. I was hoping it’s more likely a matter of time and not someone saying you’ve done XYZ wrong and that’s why lol.
Would you say force carb is the best way to condition? I don’t mind if it’s better to use sugar and do it that way

How long's it been in the keg? Should be better after a few weeks or even a month.

When I moved to AG I was a bit underwhelmed at first but remember, you actually made beer from scratch and it isn't bad - that is an achievement in itself. You'll hone your technique the more you make, I'm still learning after 250 brews.

How long's it been in the keg? Should be better after a few weeks or even a month.

When I moved to AG I was a bit underwhelmed at first but remember, you actually made beer from scratch and it isn't bad - that is an achievement in itself. You'll hone your technique the more you make, I'm still learning after 250 brews.
Just moved it to the keg today

Back