Monday I attempted my first all grain brew, however when my new Electrim mash bin started tripping the fuses to my house I quickly moved to my 9ltr buffalo water boiler. After a quick bit of math I gathered the following ingredients: 1064 g pale malt 180 g crystal malt 8 g Fuggles 6 g Golding 5 g MJ's Liberty Bell Yeast The mash was a full 90 mins, and I hit this with a liter of hot water to sparge, then rinsed the grain bag. The boiler worked well once I worked out a setting to keep the water at aprrox 65c. I did a full 90 mins boil with the lid sitting slightly off set and only lost about 2 ltr (including boil over--opps) The work looked and smelt great, so I covered it and left it overnight. The following day I checked the OG which was around 1057, so I decanted the wort to an FV and added warm water until I got to an SG of 1037, which was what I was aiming for. So I got to my target volume of liquid which is 11 liters. I added the yeast (half a packet) in the morning, and by mid afternoon fermentation was vigorous. After 4 days fermentation has slowed down and have a reading of 1.011, which having only ever making kit brew this seems very fast indeed. The brew has a really nice burnt toffee aroma already, so as it stands I have high hopes for this, which is amazing given the disastrous start. Lessons learned: Buy spare batteries for electric thermometer Wear heat resistant gloves for squeezing the grain bag (ouch!!) Never leave the boiler unattended after adding hops (Opps) Always test new equipment before using In summary I think this was a really useful exercise, I've learnt a lot and I will be doing more brews with this set up.