First all grain

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karloz

Reaction score
So, this morning I woke up and decided it's time to try all grain. I've been reading and watching videos over the last few weeks on 'how to'.

I bought most the bits I need and built the mash tun today, including spare arm. Tomorrow I plan to make the boil kettle and sort the fridge out (my stc100 has arrived).

My question is, when can I find the recipes? I'm quite picky with what I like.

Any advice is obviously greatly appreciated ☺
7bcb74de9db3893b4e84b54c0021e1f2.jpg
5f9bb21e08e848b1dade79a2293d5319.jpg
2a8dc7855013e695d449a9172ccea3e4.jpg
66f4574b68353b15eeb2a547694afbbe.jpg
28f96e80f1f252a5160ce507611281ba.jpg
7e64c22911e8a69f20ee1df3edd6866b.jpg

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Hi Karloz.
Congrats on making the leap to AG. I use Beersmith, they seem to have a good, wide range of recipes, AG & Extract. One site I recently signed up to was Brewgr.com, again they have quite a lot of recipes.
Happy Brewing :thumb:

Hi Karloz.
Congrats on making the leap to AG. I use Beersmith, they seem to have a good, wide range of recipes, AG & Extract. One site I recently signed up to was Brewgr.com, again they have quite a lot of recipes.
Happy Brewing :thumb:
Thank you... I'll take a look 👍

Just google it,you will get plenty,stacks actually. You can then browse em at your hearts content
Or look down the page on here at Brewing books,recomendations on there
:thumb:

My issue is... whenever I make a 'kit' it has the 'homebrew' taste. Is that still there with all grain?

So, this morning I woke up and decided it's time to try all grain. I've been reading and watching videos over the last few weeks on 'how to'.

I bought most the bits I need and built the mash tun today, including spare arm. Tomorrow I plan to make the boil kettle and sort the fridge out (my stc100 has arrived).

My question is, when can I find the recipes? I'm quite picky with what I like.

Any advice is obviously greatly appreciated ☺
7bcb74de9db3893b4e84b54c0021e1f2.jpg
5f9bb21e08e848b1dade79a2293d5319.jpg
2a8dc7855013e695d449a9172ccea3e4.jpg
66f4574b68353b15eeb2a547694afbbe.jpg
28f96e80f1f252a5160ce507611281ba.jpg
7e64c22911e8a69f20ee1df3edd6866b.jpg

That's reassuring. I've been using the kettle to boil half the water for sparge and boil to save time. I'm assuming that's what urs are for?

Wabby is that a new off payment?
Yes its a one of payment for the software. You can pay yearly for the access to premium recipes etc but thats up to you. The software is great. One button scale to scale up/down etc. Free 30 day trial aswell I think to see if you like it.

Homebrew twang completely goes with All Grain.

That's reassuring. I've been using the kettle to boil half the water for sparge and boil to save time. I'm assuming that's what urs are for?
I'm going to take the elements out and put them in the plastic vessel. Lots of videos on YouTube.

Whether it's the best option. .. I don't know? First attempt. .. Haha

https://youtu.be/86-1TfIvYPs

My issue is... whenever I make a 'kit' it has the 'homebrew' taste. Is that still there with all grain?

So far i have been doing BIAB's , Extract's and Partial Mashes and all have been quite good to really good,wouldn't go back to doing kits,that however is my personal opinion and others will certainly differ.

I'm going to take the elements out and put them in the plastic vessel. Lots of videos on YouTube.

Whether it's the best option. .. I don't know? Haha

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86-1TfIvYPs&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

So far i have been doing BIAB's , Extract's and Partial Mashes and all have been quite good to really good,wouldn't go back to doing kits,that however is my personal opinion and others will certainly differ.
I take it the 'homebrew' taste has gone?

Oooh controversial
Every time I pass a friend a homebrew beer, they give a funny look and move to a 'mass produced' beer. I understand I'm never going to totally remove that, I just want and appreciation of the effort!

No it isn't, your first AG you may make mistakes but dont worry we all do.. you will get them right in the end..

Once you crack AG (which you may do off the bat) you will be surprised what you can do.. I don't mean to dig at other methods but you are cooking from scratch with fresh ingredients it is hard to beat.

A good recipe though is important, what style are you after?

No it isn't, your first AG you may make mistakes but dont worry we all do.. you will get them right in the end..

Once you crack AG (which you may do off the bat) you will be surprised what you can do.. I don't mean to dig at other methods but you are cooking from scratch with fresh ingredients it is hard to beat.

A good recipe though is important, what style are you after?
I'd love to do a 'victory ale' clone from batemans

I'd love to do a 'victory ale' clone from batemans

There is a clone recipe in Graham Wheeler's book - brew Your Own British Real Ale. There are copyright issues with posting it up here, I expect.

Latest posts

Back