First brew questions!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absolute beginner

Reaction score
Hi I have just bottled up my first bucket of elderflower fizz. Has been sat for 9 days , I added yeast.
Bottles now look like cloudy lemonade and have no bubbles. Is this normal? should I add more sugar at this point ?? will it clear ? will bubbles appear . So many questions sorry.

Hi, I have just bottled up my first bucket of elderflower fizz. Has been sat for 9 days , I added yeast.
Bottles now look like cloudy lemonade and have no bubbles. Is this normal? should I add more sugar at this point ?? will it clear ? will bubbles appear . So many questions sorry.
You said you've bottled it up, what did you do prior to that? What were the ingredients and the quantities and what did you do with them? Did it definitely ferment? Not looking to be patronising, but with such little information it's hard to know what you've done.
With the little info given, I'd take a stab that you may have bottled a fermented, flat, dry beverage (assuming it did successfully ferment).
Did you add sugar to the elderflower fizz or add sugar to the bottles before bottling?

Latest posts

Back