First Brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronaldo252

Reaction score
Hi all , new to brewing . I got given the love Brewing kit for Xmas with the beer works gold digger lager. Hopefully Bottlig tomorrow. For my next kit I want to do a pale Ale. Any recommendations? I like pale ales like meantime, Camden Brewdog etc Anything like these would be good .

Hi, I started last spring and initially I was bottling as soon as the kits were done brewing but I now wait a bit longer and the results are far better (tastes better plus it's a lot clearer). You will be eager to get on with it though and maybe it's worth bottling this one "early" so you can see and taste the difference with later brews.

One bit of advice I think is worth sharing now though would be to make sure you have your next kit ready. Once you're done bottling you'll need to give the bucket a clean. So it makes sense to start the next kit straight away. The alternative is cleaning it, waiting until you have your kit and then having to clean it again.

I have another bucket with a tap on . Should I transfer to there and leave it for a few days before bottling or transfer and bottle on the same day?

Is it a bucket or a pressure barrel? I know some of the love brewing kits come with a pressure barrel.
If you are planning on bottling then I don't really see the benefit of transferring only to transfer again to bottles afterwards.
I would just syphon straight to the bottles.

It is a bucket and has the little bottler attached to it to make the bottling easier. They tell you to syphon into there to bottle but don’t say how long to leave it in there .

I'd agree that if you're going to batch prime, then that is one of the main reasons to transfer from one bucket to another. If you are going to prime your bottles, I'd not bother unless you are struggling with syphoning into the bottles, otherwise it means you'll have 2 buckets to clean.

Another reason to transfer would be to try and reduce the amount of sediment in your bucket prior to bottling but if you are carefully this isn't really an issue. If you do that though, and wish to leave it for a few days to settle, you wouldn't batch prime at the time you transfer your beer and I would suggest you prime your bottles instead at bottling time.

Back