First ever brew I Sunday way

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought those kind of thermometers to stick on. As far as I have read if there is just one number coloured then that is the read but if two are coloured it is inbetween - so that one in the picture would be 21?

Yes, I use a couple of them all the time and they're surprisingly accurate (not sure if that's consistant with the stick-on strips or if I just struck lucky).

Well I woke up this morning and the temp was 16 and have a throbbing on top of the liquid not much bubbling though through the airlock although I have noticed differences in the “level” of the water as to where it sits some times it’s level then some times it’s all in the left chamber and really low in the right right chamber then go back and it’s level again. I take it that’s the air moving the water round and when it bubbles it goes back to level. When it a strong fermentation should it constantly bubble?

***update***

So after fermentation finished I bulk primed in my PB and filled bottles from there, leaving what I had left when I ran out of bottles in the PB just under half a barrel.

Left for a week and could not wait to taste.

It was awsome! Taste just like hop house 13 a lot better out of the barrel than the bottle as it had more body and was creamer (if that makes sense)

Came in at 5% I am over the moon with it and I will be sure to try that kit again as I have a wilko cervesa brewing at the moment as I have heard good reviews about them.

So the bulldog - mad bad lager is really good and a winner if you like hop house 13 👍🏻

***update***

So after fermentation finished I bulk primed in my PB and filled bottles from there, leaving what I had left when I ran out of bottles in the PB just under half a barrel.

Left for a week and could not wait to taste.

It was awsome! Taste just like hop house 13 a lot better out of the barrel than the bottle as it had more body and was creamer (if that makes sense)

Came in at 5% I am over the moon with it and I will be sure to try that kit again as I have a wilko cervesa brewing at the moment as I have heard good reviews about them.

So the bulldog - mad bad lager is really good and a winner if you like hop house 13 👍🏻
Thanks for that! I really like hop house 13.

Yeah if you try it I would carbonate it is a PB over bottles as it was perfect and everyone soon shifted what was left in the barrel and I am now stuck with just the bottles which is still nice but nothing like it was out the barrel

Yeah if you try it I would carbonate it is a PB over bottles as it was perfect and everyone soon shifted what was left in the barrel and I am now stuck with just the bottles which is still nice but nothing like it was out the barrel
How did you carbonate the bottles out of interest?

How did you carbonate the bottles out of interest?
sorry for the late reply, been a busy weekend, so I batch primed into my PB using 110g of table sugar, then used tap to fill the bottles then what ever was left stayed in the PB so I didn’t have to work out the difference if I was to fill bottles first,

Latest posts

Back