First Keezer Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Build completed & first pints poured from the new setup. Very happy!

Nice build. What are those arcarde button lights on the front doing?

Also, what model of Logik freezer is it? I'm fed up with my Keezer only fitting two kegs and the Logik L198CFW20 would fit perfectly in my space - I just want to know the internal dimensions before I buy one.

Keezer build.......something I’m looking at in the medium term. One question, what do you use to fix the collar to the body of the freezer?

Plus 1 for sticks like sh*t. Ive got loads left over from my build and it has been getting deployed all over the house inside and out

Yeh we used it for attaching edging wood on a homemade dining table, it’s good stuff

Looks sweet, you could call it C-3PO?

just an idea but the wall mount drip trays can be stuck on with a no more nails or sticks like sh*t type adhesive..

I've been following this thread for a little while, and finally took the plunge myself - Lucky enough to get myself a black freezer so didn't need to do the vinyl in the end (Although I did have some and it made for a great thing to for the door to make contact with the wood and make a better seal!

Thanks for the inspiration @nhenson22 and everyone else for the info to help build it!

Attachments

• IMG_20200806_175312.jpg
    IMG_20200806_175312.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20200824_184132.jpg
    IMG_20200824_184132.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 166
I've been following this thread for a little while, and finally took the plunge myself - Lucky enough to get myself a black freezer so didn't need to do the vinyl in the end (Although I did have some and it made for a great thing to for the door to make contact with the wood and make a better seal!

Thanks for the inspiration @nhenson22 and everyone else for the info to help build it!

Loving the pot plants to help it fit surreptitiously into the lounge

I love that!
I have all the parts ready to build mine, except for the wood for the collar. Do you happen to know the internal dimentions of your freezer? It looks like a snug but comfortable fit for the two kegs. I was hoping to get two in mine but I think its a fraction too small :(

Yeh It's definitely a snug fit but they do fit nicely in - I'm also looking for a slimmer 10L-ish keg that might fit in there too but that might be a push. It does still have enough room to have a water bottle for the temp gauge and a spray bottle of sanitiser and a few useful things for easy cleaning so isn't too bad.

Dimensions are 43 (w) x 37 (d) cm. The kegs I have are 23cm diameter but I think you can get taller/slimmer if you are happy building a bigger collar.

Thanks for the dimensions. Indeed, I think mine is slightly too smal for two, even though I have the slimmer 21cm diameter kegs. My freezer compartment is 35 x 35. I just tried to fit my mini keg (5L) in next to my (empty) corny and it fits. Debating whether to go 2 taps (1 for corny, 1 for mini keg) or just stick to the one for the corny. Life is full of tough decisions.

Thanks for the dimensions. Indeed, I think mine is slightly too smal for two, even though I have the slimmer 21cm diameter kegs. My freezer compartment is 35 x 35. I just tried to fit my mini keg (5L) in next to my (empty) corny and it fits. Debating whether to go 2 taps (1 for corny, 1 for mini keg) or just stick to the one for the corny. Life is full of tough decisions.

go for two - you will inevitably regret it otherwise.

View attachment 21154 I’ve just about finished a modest keezer build. Still in the garage and waiting on a keg to carb up.

I'm a little late to the party, but do you keep you gas bottle inside or outside the keezer? I think the freezer I have to build mine is the same as this one. I can fit in a corny and a 5L mini keg, but not sure the gas bottle will fit without a huge collar. I am pondering having 2 taps on mine, but not too sure yet.

go for two - you will inevitably regret it otherwise.
Yeah, I think I may well. Although, if I went for one, I could always add a second, but it's nearly taken 6 months to begin thinking about building it having already got all the parts, so thinking I should just do two from the start and be done with it!

Thanks for the dimensions. Indeed, I think mine is slightly too small for two, even though I have the slimmer 21cm diameter kegs. My freezer compartment is 35 x 35. I just tried to fit my mini keg (5L) in next to my (empty) corny and it fits. Debating whether to go 2 taps (1 for corny, 1 for mini keg) or just stick to the one for the corny. Life is full of tough decisions.

Thats a shame, although if you fit the tap in the right spot it will be easy to put a second in if you indeed need it. Also for aesthetics two may look quite good even if it doesn't get used :)

In answer to your other post, mines outside, although previously I had a soda stream setup which meant I could put it inside. I haven't really noticed the difference tbh, and at least its easy to check the temp and pressure without opening it if its outside

Back