First made fermentation... should I be doing anything?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntComo

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I started my first mead a few weeks ago (we're about four weeks in now) and I've realised that apart from the advice of 'leave it as long as you can' I don't really know if I should be doing something.

It was bubbling away for at least four weeks but in the last couple of days it has almost stopped. I don't want to take too many gravity readings as it's only a 5L batch.

At this point I was just going to leave it for a few months and see what happens.

I added nutrient at the start and stirred a couple of times a day for the first week or so.

Should I really just leave it now in a suitably warm place and wait? Should I be adding more nutrient?

You are telling fibs in the first paragraph ("I don't really know if I should be doing something"), then admitting to telling fibs in the second paragraph ("It was bubbling away for at least four weeks").

I can guarantee it won't stand up and do a dance. Don't panic. It sounds fine, and any further fermentation will be leisurely (if there is any further fermentation that is).

You are telling fibs in the first paragraph ("I don't really know if I should be doing something"),

Did you read that as "I don't really know if It should be doing something"

not

"I don't really know if I should be doing something"

Did you read that as "I don't really know if It should be doing something"

not

"I don't really know if I should be doing something"

Flippin' "ts", they're always running about and never found where you expect them.

EDIT: I found a solution!
T-glue.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back