First mash recipe help!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moth

Reaction score
Hi i'm looking to start mashing and want a recipe for a 40 pint batch, my fav beer at the moment is citra by oakham brewery, i've not brewed for about 15-20 years so have no real idea what i'm doing, so any pointers would be great, i have a thermo mash tun, and a burco boiler

Hi i'm looking to start mashing and want a recipe for a 40 pint batch, my fav beer at the moment is citra by oakham brewery, i've not brewed for about 15-20 years so have no real idea what i'm doing, so any pointers would be great, i have a thermo mash tun, and a burco boiler
I've never tasted Citra by Oakham, but my favourite beer of all time is their Bishop's Farewell.
I agree with @RichK , if you've no real idea of what you're doing, you need to acquire a bot of theoretical knowledge by reading one of the books he recommends. I'd go for Wheeler if you can get hold of a second-hand copy of "Home Brewing", that's would be the best grounding to start with, in my opinion. Don't worry that it's circa 1990. You'll need a bit more equipment, too, although you've got the most expensive bits. Have you given any thought to how you'll stop the hops clogging the tap of your Burco at run-off time?

Last edited:
Ok thanks will do that, I've ordered a biab for the mash tun, although it does have a stainless steel grid in the bottom, should I get one for the burco aswell?

Back