First TC brew - could you check please?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephenj

Landlord.
Reaction score
Having 2 beers fermenting, one conditioning, and another brewing this weekend, I feel I have a decent supply of beer, but still the urge to be brewing something. I like a Kopperberg or Rekorderlig on a late summers evening and after reading the posts on TC thought I'd have a go at some 5l batches.

I’m trying to keep this as simple and straight forward as possible. The main advice I need is for flavouring the apple juice to make a mixed berries/summer fruits clone. Not 100% sure if I can get that lowicz syrup in Tesco on way home, if I can't who cordial be OK, or maybe frozen berries?

Recipe for 5l ish batch:

• 4l apple juice 100% from concentrate
  • 500ml Lowicz syrup, or cordial – please advise on this
  • 1 cup of strong tea (1 bag)
  • 1 tsp Pectolase

Method:

• Add AJ and syrup/ codial (boil cordial) to FV to 4l. Sprinkle yeast and put lid on. Keep at about 20C
  • After 10 days/when FV settled down, top up with remainder AJ and leave for another few days.
  • Take reading and if around 1.000, bottle, if not leave a little longer.

Bottling

• Take a sample and check for sweetness – add sugar as needed to reach desired taste
  • Boil 50g sugar + any for sweetening per last step - could you advise here also please in water and add to bottle bucket
  • Bottle and condition for 2 weeks at room temp, stick in garage for as long as I can.

Thanks in advance. As I say I’m trying to keep as simple and straightforward as possible, with as few steps as needed.

I can't who cordial be OK, or maybe frozen berries?

I’d use about 1/2 bottle lowicz for that amount
When bottling if sweetening use a non fermentable sweetener (Splenda) and sweeten to taste
Then about 5 ml lowicz per litre (50 ml)
Should be good

I’d use about 1/2 bottle lowicz for that amount
When bottling if sweetening use a non fermentable sweetener (Splenda) and sweeten to taste
Then about 5 ml lowicz per litre (50 ml)
Should be good

Cheers. Nice and straight forward what type and amount of yeast for 5l?

Cider yeast if you can get it
About a level teaspoon
Make a starter with some aj, yeast and nutrient if you have it

Latest posts

Back