First TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta3

Reaction score
Just put on my first TC on this evening and was surprised at how quick it was. Only a 1galon brew, for £3.10.

Lidl had an offer on for 2l of apple juice for 99p. Seemed rude not to partake. Also bought Young's cider yeast from the local brew shop :-).

Added about 150g of sugar to bring up the estimated abv to 5% ish. I had to take a rough estimate with the sugar using a medicine spoon because the kids had broke the kitchen scales >_<. Thankfully Google provided a converter.

Awesome, I was going to do a proper batch but my large fermenter in still filled with barley wine that I'd expected to be finished a week ago :-s.

Gutted i couldnt especially with the juice being so cheep

Just checked on it, and it's done, hit 1.0 on the hydrometer. So just chucked in stabaliserer (I want mine still) and planning to rack it tomorrow then bottle.

Surprisingly, its got a really good flavour. I thought it was going to taste like farmers socks after a hard day in wellies on a hot day...

Latest posts

Back