First try at a Lager kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

latchy

Reaction score
Hi All, Having dipped my toe into the HomeBrew World with some grapes off my vine a couple of years back, without a very good outcome(it got drank), I tried a kit recently with a much better outcome, as a result I got a Pilsner kit and a liquid malt enhancer from the sponsor on the right here (not sure if we're supposed to plug companies) along with 48 plastic bottles and tops and carbonation drops. Also got a Little Bottler with tap(cracking bit of kit) it wont make it taste any better but made life a lot easier and less messy.
Kept to 19C to ferment and after bottling for a couple of days, then moved them into the coalhouse today where it is currently 10C, going to try it on St David's Day, that is March 1st btw.

...Kept to 19C to ferment and after bottling for a couple of days, then moved them into the coalhouse today where it is currently 10C, going to try it on St David's Day, that is March 1st btw.

That might not be long enough to carb up so they might be quite flat. Also it's worth keeping a few from each batch to one side of your shed to see how they improve with age. I started last April and the ones I'm drinking now were bottled Oct/Nov. They improve a lot from week to week. Pob lwc!

That might not be long enough to carb up so they might be quite flat. Also it's worth keeping a few from each batch to one side of your shed to see how they improve with age. I started last April and the ones I'm drinking now were bottled Oct/Nov. They improve a lot from week to week. Pob lwc!
I will have to excersise some self control then. Outdoors with up to 2 members of another household from tomorrow:laugh8: Diolch yrhendystu

yrhendystu you were spot on m8, very little fizz although bubbles were rising gently until the last mouthful, and slightly cloudy but very drinkable. Another week of restraint methinks

20210307_181142.jpg

Very happy with this.

Back