First turbo cider almost there.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVVO

Reaction score
Coming back to brewing after a number of years away.
Don't know when turbo cider was invented but I wasn't aware of it last time I was brewing.
Having to brew everything in the garage as problems with a pressure barrel caused an extensive sticky mess and I'm not fully forgiven.
Did some extensive research on turbo cider and found so many variations I decided to take bits from a few.
19 lts Asda Smartprice 100% apple juice. 3 lbs Aldi clear honey, 6 Bramley apples blended with 3 lt of the juice, sachet Youngs cider yeast. 3 tsp yeast nutrient, 3 tsp Pectolase, 3 bag stewed tea. SG 1.046
Fermented in brew fridge at 21deg. After 6 days fermentation seems to have stopped. SG 1.000. Drank sample and tastes good but very dry. Not cleared much.
Plan now to leave it 2 more days and recheck SG then turn fridge down to 3deg for a couple of days then into corney and force carb at 8psi for a week again at 3deg.
Any comments on what I have done or advice on what I plan to do greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Coming back to brewing after a number of years away.
Don't know when turbo cider was invented but I wasn't aware of it last time I was brewing.
Having to brew everything in the garage as problems with a pressure barrel caused an extensive sticky mess and I'm not fully forgiven.
Did some extensive research on turbo cider and found so many variations I decided to take bits from a few.
19 lts Asda Smartprice 100% apple juice. 3 lbs Aldi clear honey, 6 Bramley apples blended with 3 lt of the juice, sachet Youngs cider yeast. 3 tsp yeast nutrient, 3 tsp Pectolase, 3 bag stewed tea. SG 1.046
Fermented in brew fridge at 21deg. After 6 days fermentation seems to have stopped. SG 1.000. Drank sample and tastes good but very dry. Not cleared much.
Plan now to leave it 2 more days and recheck SG then turn fridge down to 3deg for a couple of days then into corney and force carb at 8psi for a week again at 3deg.
Any comments on what I have done or advice on what I plan to do greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I made a turbo cider as an experiment at the end of Nov last and had a recipe similar to yours, but without the honey. I have found that it definitely improves with keeping. The last one I opened was about three months on, and only then was beginning to taste like 'proper' cider. I am leaving the rest alone to see if it improves further. I also used Bramleys hoping the malic acid would help it to mature and perhaps it has worked. On some bottles I used 4 Cologran tabs/litre (artificial sweetener from Lidl) and found it has just taken the edge off the dryness without being too sweet.

Latest posts

Back