First Witbier.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing one today! Just sticking with my original recipe and using CML Gretel yeast. I want this one to be just like the last one I brewed which is going to be a challenge I feel.

Had a great brew day yesterday. Everything ran super smooth and it was bubbling away within a couple of hours of adding the yeast. I used 50% Maris Otter and 50% wheat malt; Amerillo hops at flame out and a small bittering addition; toasted coriander seed for last 5 mins; orange zest at flame out. Fingers crossed it's a good one.

I finally gave in and bottled mine today (it was still bubbling, but with an apparently exponential tail off).

OG 1.049
FG 1.009
Fermented very fast for about 3 days (>1 bubble/s), then stalled for 2 weeks (less than a bubble every 5 minutes), then picked back up again (~1 bubble they 5s-10s).
Bottled on day 33 when it was down to roughly a Bubble every 5 minutes or so

F05C0E42-93C9-4411-8C07-5C0F4F0C1347.jpeg

I tapped my witbier tonight. Really pleased with it - dry, but creamy from the oats, the fruit and coriander is subtle and compliments the yeast nicely, lovely pale colour.

Latest posts

Back