First WoW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichK

Regular.
Reaction score
Having done two wines from kits, it's time for a first attempt at a WoW.
Done to a very standard recipe. 1.5L apple + 1L red grape (both Lidl) plus all the usual extras. Plan on a bit of late sweetening when it's fermented out IMG_20220324_175809_3.jpgas that's MrsK's preference. 

Been 10 days at 4c since fermentation was stopped & 5 since some gelatine went in. Still looking very murky. Have racked with a quick degas & dropped it to 2c (lowest the fridge manages). Might do another shot of gelatine tomorrow.

How long does a typical WoW take to clear?

I need to get a batch of beer on next weekend or I'll run out!

How long does a typical WoW take to clear?

Two days if you use either of the finings below.

I tried many fining and the two below are by far the fastest the down side is you are more than likely going to have to buy online so have postage to add my suggestion would be to get the bigger size KWIK Clear as it has a very long shelf life once opened the Clear It only lasts a month.

1649507166979.png
1649507146778.png

I'm still using 'Clear It' that I bought Aug 2021 😯 I keep it in the fridge 👍

IMG_20220430_110024_2[1].jpg

Has finally cleared enough to be bottled. Time & cold did the trick along with a little bentonite. Tastes good enough to drink to me but the real test will come later when MrsK gives it a go.

Latest posts

Back