Fishing the Mull

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingfisher

Regular.
Reaction score
I have an idea that a number of brewers also fish so here's a pic of a day out on the Mull of Galloway last June. Quite a few pollock about to 8lb with over 2 stones of mackerel to carry back. It really is that steep, that's my rod in the foreground.

Tight lines

DSCF0081.jpg

You wouldn't want to fall in :shock:
I've always fancied some shore fishing.
I've got a 6.5lb tc carp rod that would double up nicely as a shore fishing rod.
I believe the original blank of this rod was designed for distance casting when beach fishing.

Fly fisherman here, catching mainly wild brown trout however plans are afoot to catch something far more exotic :cool:

J_P, I also fly and coarse fish but haven't seen many wild brown trout lately our local river the Wear is mainly stocked every year from Welham hatchery and the chance of a real wild fish is declining. I keep promising myself a look up to Cow Green this year but the last time I went the wind was force 10 with 4 feet waves, turned around and headed home.

Frisp, we live about 3.5 - 4 hours drive away from the Mull and the last time we went there we stayed overnight at Drummore at a vg B&B that cooked us breakfast at 6am for £20 each. Our hard up mates travelled from South Shields, setting off at 2am to meet us they packed up at 9pm the following day and got home after 12.

V1, tis very deep indeed with no second chances if you go in, there's a tremendous rip tide which churns up the food and makes it such a good fishing spot. The carp rod would be good for float fishing there.

Frisp said:
I was being a bit nosey KF I originate from South Ayrshire many moons ago. And I know Drumore Well.

Beautiful area that I must visit more often.

Back