Fittings for line cleaning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptAwol

Reaction score
Sorry if this comes across as a bit long winded, but it's difficult to explain hopefully you'll all understand.
Previously I have dispensed from 20l polypin ale bags via a beer engine basically serving as cask ale, stop fermentation about 1.010 no fining or priming, this works very well for my taste as gasy beers don't agree with me.
As I now consider the polypin bags as unsustainable, I have invested in some corny kegs, I still intend to dispense same as before in a cask style ale.
With my present setup, I clean some of the used polypins and use them for recycling water from the plate chiller on a brew day, this works well for cleaning lines as simply add cleaner to one bag and use another for rinsing, connecting to beer engine straight forward.
The polypins use v-top connectors and the new system has these corny kegs connection, what I need is some suggestion on connecting the polypins to the new system.

Not often I get a bonus, but the off cuts from the floating dip tubes fit perfectly between the v-top connector and the keg post thingy.

Those double ended posts also work for gas, which is a godsend when I'm using my Blichmann beer gun as it means I can connect the gas without a lot of faffing about reconfiguring the system

Back