Fizzy Beer problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi over the last two years that I have been brewing I have always put my beer in Kegs Recently I done some bottled beer but some where not very successful.I will explain at first once I added the sugar to the keg and it dissolved I would take out 6 500ml bottles of beer and put away i also tried two Wilko carbonation drops to each 500ml bottle as well ( but that was before I added the sugar to the keg) they where also put away. So yesterday I thought I would try a couple of bottles at this point I forgot to label which beer had the drops and which was I added the from the Keg which already had dissolved IDIOTaheadbutt Well I looked at one bottle it looked lovely and clear expect for a thin layer of sediment at the bottom I opened the bottle there was a rush of bubbles from the bottom of the bottle lifting the settlement from the bottom of the bottle and a load of froth coming out the neck.I can see there is to much fizz in there. Could it be the beer which I dissolved 85g of sugar in the keg and filled empty bottles in these ones had no drops in them or is it the wilko drops that are causing it does say put 2 drops to every 500ml bottle. So can somebody tell me what it could be?

It could be a number of things.
  • I've not used the drops but I'd have thought that 1 was sufficient.
  • Bottling from the keg with added sugar shouldn't produce excessive fizz
  • You may have bottled too early, before fermentation had finished
  • You may have an infection - how did the beer taste?

It could be a number of things.
  • I've not used the drops but I'd have thought that 1 was sufficient.
  • Bottling from the keg with added sugar shouldn't produce excessive fizz
  • You may have bottled too early, before fermentation had finished
  • You may have an infection - how did the beer taste?
Thank you Once I have the right level on the Hydrometer which is normaly @ a 1000 how much longer should I lever thee beer in BB before Keging it or bottling it

Latest posts

Back