Flu vaccine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your thoughts.

• I don't normally get one but will this year

• I always get a vaccine so will again

• I never get the vaccine and will not this year

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think this year because of the pandemic there will be a massive uptake. The company I work for has a health check each day you go on-site. If you have any flu like symptoms you are not allowed to work. It makes sense for them to offer the flu jab to keep the factory ticking over.

I had the 'Hong Kong' flu in 1968 and was seriously ill, parents later admitted they were terrified, I remember little about it.

But as a result of that have always had vaccinations when made available.

I am about to undergo Radiotherapy/chemo so have had the flu jab already.

Have had my eyes opened regarding our NHS recently, met a lot of incredible people, vaccinations are part of the toolkit the NHS use!

https://tesco-pharmacy.qudini.com/
tttt.jpg

I have it every year. My gp opens the local hall and ALL residents are invited to come and get it. Plus there are tea and biscuits. Doubt that will happen this year but the surgery said they will ring everyone who had it last year and invite them in.

I am at the age where I should get one but have never bothered before, I am now giving it serious consideration due to covid are members thinking the same or will you again give it a miss
Get if you can. I used to work in NHS so was offered and took it every year. Now i just pay.

I have the flu shot every year down to a wobbly wall in my heart, can feel a bit grotty afterwards but that may be my fear of needles! About five years ago I had the flu anyway, not a cold but proper flu, the shot doesn’t cover you for all strains only the 6 or so most common circulating, I have never been so Ill in my life, I had to crawl to the bathroom couldn’t walk, ended up with pneumonia. I can’t imagine Covid on top of that, I would urge people to get it done for yourselves and family

I got offered one last year but turned it down but this year I'm thinking it's a sensible thing to do - not directly because of COVID, but because if I did come down with a bad case of flu I wouldn't want to be a burden on the system.

Anything we can do to reduce the "normal" workload on the NHS has got to be a good thing.

It was interesting to read how many people had flu in their younger years and learnt how severe it can be. I picked it up while manning our Stand at the Earls Court Boat Show in my thirties, and my poor Aunt, who I was staying with in Oxshott, had to nurse me for over a week.

I get a jab every year (free), and have never had any bad reaction – so far at least.

I unfortunately lost my dad to flu a few years ago and have said each year since that I will get the jab but never followed through with it. This year my employer has offered everybody jabs so think I will take them up on it

I had mine a couple of days ago, a slight 'ache' from where the needle went in but that's the sum of it.
I've had worse 'punched in the arm' type reactions in other years but a very easy injection this year!

Personally I alway get one. I've never had the flu, but having seen people with it - absolutely no way. It looks awful!

Back