Your thoughts.

• I don't normally get one but will this year

• I always get a vaccine so will again

• I never get the vaccine and will not this year

Results are only viewable after voting.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
Wife gets it through work (she works for NHS) and the kids get it automatically but I’ve never bothered.

My parents don’t usually (they’ve been eligible the last 3 years I think) but they are booked in for next week on the back of COVID.

LesTom

Regular.
Reaction score
My work is offering the flu jab this year and I've signed up to take it. I normally don't bother with it but my thinking is - if my work offers it and I don't take it but come down with the flu, then perhaps it will go against me regarding further job cuts (I've been lucky and avoided them so far). I also don't particularly like needles, but as @HoppingMad says, hang your arm limp and look away and all is good.

Justin Dean

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am 52 and live in Braintree Essex. I can not get a jab free or paid . Not available.

jjsh

Landlord.
Reaction score
My work have offered to pay for us to have it, so it's just a case of finding somewhere that will do it and has it in stock. I'll need to change my vote! :laugh8:

Justin Dean

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a goverment thing it is private enterprise if you pay.

Last edited:

Justin Dean

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understood. I think denand has fast outstripped supply and supply is supposedly over 20% higher than last year.

jjsh

Landlord.
Reaction score
Aye, I don't hold out much hope of getting one and fully understand places like Tesco etc limiting supplies to the more vulnerable. I'll have one of I can find one.

Justin Dean

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even the local private hospital at 20 quid a shot has run out

prog99

Landlord.
Reaction score
My work have offered to pay for us to have it, so it's just a case of finding somewhere that will do it and has it in stock. I'll need to change my vote! :laugh8:
So have mine, walked into a pharmacy , got jabbed and then claimed it back off of expenses.
I have been paying for it myself the last few years anyway after a particularly bad dose of it one new year.

dad_of_jon

Beer designer
Reaction score
I am at the age where I should get one but have never bothered before, I am now giving it serious consideration due to covid are members thinking the same or will you again give it a miss
I will get one if offered via work or as part of a GP surgery initiative but I won't be hunting one down if not. (i've had one in the last 2 out of 3 years via work)

kelper

Old Salt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't want it yourself, consider others. The more who have it, the fewer hospital beds will be tied up.

johncrobinson

Landlord.
Reaction score
My former (normally skinflint.) employers once paid for all the staff to have the flu jab privately during a year when flu was on the march.
For some reason I NEVER get colds,no matter how close to the "infected" i am,But i have had bad flu,It feels like dying.
If a covid vaccine becomes available i will certainly take it.At 63yrs old I am in the borderline age group and after all the mammoth taxes i have paid i want to live to collect my old age pension.
Besides i have a Cat to look after.

Joust

Regular.
Reaction score
I talked to the local chemist and he said their order was three weeks late and they won't have enough to cover the vulnerable people never mind others.

The boots website basically says "none available. don't call. Don't come in"