Football Crazy Football Mad

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
I like my football, and normally will defend football and my team to probably unreasonable levels.

But tonight, on transfer deadline day...

I cannot get my hat on with the €40million (£32.5m) that Man City are about to pay for Robinho :shock:

I loved the working mans side of the game, how can that ever come back with prices and obviously wages that are intergalactic! :wha: :cry:

Louthepoo has it right, support your local team :thumb: non-leage for me too I think

Money talks and bull**** walks, it's in every sport nowadays. It seems the only way that teams can draw the players/drivers and at the end of the day it's the punter that pays anyway :( w******

Yeah...we got Berbatov for a naughty amount of money :party: :party: :party:
I said to my man u fanatical mate last season that he would be a great addition to the squad...he replied we don't need him we've got Rooney....I can't wait to see him again :lol:

I agree with you V, I think Berbatov will add a fantastic extra dimension to Utd. Should be an interesting old season up there in 'sunny' Manchester :thumb:

Its got to be Non league if you want 'proper football' where you can afford to take the family and not need a loan to do it!!

There's a lot of local non league teams near everyone, it wouldn't hurt to pop down and watch a game, if you dont like it dont go again but the people i've introduced to it thinks its a breath of fresh air to them!

thats it from me, i'm off to watch Telford United against Gainsborough Trinity - up the Bucks :clap:

ps i'll be seeing you at Tamworth v Telford this year Wez for a pint or 2 :drunk: and hopefully 3 points :pray:

Louthepoo said:
ps i'll be seeing you at Tamworth v Telford this year Wez for a pint or 2 :drunk: and hopefully 3 points :pray:

Yep will be good to meet up :cheers: not sure about the 3 points though ;)

Louthepoo said:
Its got to be Non league if you want 'proper football' where you can afford to take the family and not need a loan to do it
My team Woking still charge 40 quid for a replica shirt though. Steep enough.
I remember the day when a couple of my schoolmates played for them and we went to WBA in the FA cup and stuffed them 4-2, happy days :party:

Back