• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale - Hanna Instruments HI-96841 Digital Refractometer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sput

Reaction score
Hanna Instruments HI-96841 Digital Refractometer for Brewing.

Fully boxed with instructions and a pipette.

This is a professional quality instrument used for taking Plato readings (which are easily convertible to specific gravity) of wort. Sampling is much easier than using a hydrometer because you only need a tiny drop and the unit has a built in adjustment for temperature. As such you find yourself taking more readings during the mash (if you want to) leading to more control over the brew. NB the description on the company's website says you shouldn't use it after fermentation as the presence of alcohol changes the results, but you can do this if you use a conversion calculator (see this link, which is also a review: http://brulosophy.com/2017/10/26/hanna-instruments-digital-refractometer-for-brewing-product-review/).

I bought new and I've taken very good care of it. Pics below.

They are the best part of £300 new so I am looking for £150 but will consider offers.

Collection from London E1 or I'm happy to post in the UK for a fiver.

Attachments

• han1.jpg
    han1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 89
  • han2.jpg
    han2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 86
  • han3.jpg
    han3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Back