• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE new iSpindels fully build and tested £30

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has arrived,looks good and well packaged am now dreading calibration!

It depends what you're using it for of course - if you just want it to know when fermentation has stopped and you can then take a proper reading you don't need to calibrate it (just wait for the readings to normalise). I personally have calibrated mine (and it wasn't hard) but always take a proper hydrometer reading at the start and end to figure out gravity anyway.

I will trump your big cock with mine -

1613577222385.png

Hey @ChrisPDuck ,

Wondering if you can help me.

I am trying to calibrate the iSpindel and have followed the guides / video you provided, but I am unable to get the iSpindel to 25 degrees in water. Even if I hold the iSpindel vertically, it will never go below 39 degrees. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Mick

It depends what you're using it for of course - if you just want it to know when fermentation has stopped and you can then take a proper reading you don't need to calibrate it (just wait for the readings to normalise). I personally have calibrated mine (and it wasn't hard) but always take a proper hydrometer reading at the start and end to figure out gravity anyway.

Yes I think thats what i will do,just use it to check fermentations finished,

Hey @ChrisPDuck ,

Wondering if you can help me.

I am trying to calibrate the iSpindel and have followed the guides / video you provided, but I am unable to get the iSpindel to 25 degrees in water. Even if I hold the iSpindel vertically, it will never go below 39 degrees. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Mick

Hi Mick
I'd try zeroing the sensor as in this pic then trying to get the 25°.
Let me know how it goes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210217_215634.jpg
    Screenshot_20210217_215634.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 62
@LeeH
Sorry I don't make the rules and this sale was discussed by admins.
Advertising sponsors pay to sell here if they found out members can sell an unlimited number of the same item they would not be happy and rightly so, we bent the rule a bit to allow the OP to sell what he already had and he knows he can become an advertising sponsor for one month at a time if he wants to sell again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back