Force carbing 10l corny keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holmes12345

Reaction score
Evening brewers!

Just got my first ever brew into a 10l corny keg plus another 10 500ml bottles.

Now I know that the bottles will need some time to carbonated and condition but I've set up the keg with a mini co2 regulator from malt Miller and 16g co2 cartridge.

Anyone had any experience force carbing with the smaller cartridge? It's all set at 25psi just would like to know more.

Thank you in advance

Evening brewers!

Just got my first ever brew into a 10l corny keg plus another 10 500ml bottles.

Now I know that the bottles will need some time to carbonated and condition but I've set up the keg with a mini co2 regulator from malt Miller and 16g co2 cartridge.

Anyone had any experience force carbing with the smaller cartridge? It's all set at 25psi just would like to know more.

Thank you in advance
Hey Holmes,
I use 10L cornys but spund, so have never actually force carbonated. I aim for 30psi at room temp and chill down to serving, which gives me around 2.4units of dissolved CO2. Did you have a specific question about kegging you needed answering?

Hey Holmes,
I use 10L cornys but spund, so have never actually force carbonated. I aim for 30psi at room temp and chill down to serving, which gives me around 2.4units of dissolved CO2. Did you have a specific question about kegging you needed answering?
How long do you leave at 30 psi for?

Thanks for the reply.

Just mainly how long I would run it at 30psi. I cold crashed in fermenter the last 2 days and keg is currently in fridge as well.

Should I tkae it out to force carb??

How long do you leave at 30 psi for?
I tend to let the beer finish up at room temperature, so as long as it is at 30psi when it’s don’t this should translate to around 10-12psi when at serving temperature

Thanks for the reply.

Just mainly how long I would run it at 30psi. I cold crashed in fermenter the last 2 days and keg is currently in fridge as well.

Should I tkae it out to force carb??
As long as you like! What volume of CO2 are you aiming for? I use a temp/pressure chart to make sure an end up with the correct level of carbonation once I‘m at serving temperature.

Latest posts

Back