Force co2 2l bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

mcscruff

Reaction score
Hi all, i hope this is the right place to ask.
While my 1st all grain biab ferments i have decided i need to do my alcohol lemonade (i make this every year)
23l lemonade, normally after fermentation just put it into 2l pet bottles, half of them i add a bit more sugar to make them fizzy.

This year i was wondereing if there is another way to make them fizzy without having to worry about the extra sediment

Reaction score
Get a carbonation cap, such as this.

Then you can fill the bottle and force carbonate with CO².

This is reliant on you having a few bits of kit (gas, gas regulator, gas line, disconnect) which may not be the case.

mcscruff

Reaction score
Get a carbonation cap, such as this.

Then you can fill the bottle and force carbonate with CO².

This is reliant on you having a few bits of kit (gas, gas regulator, gas line, disconnect) which may not be the case.
I dont have any equipment at the moment, so looking into costs for these.

Thanks for the quick reply

phildo79

Reaction score
Force carbing individual bottles is a pain. Or at least that is my experience. I have never got it quite right but then I have never properly set out to do it. If the sugar works, stick to it.

You could buy a couple of half sized corny kegs, mini reg and use a sodastream bottle for your gas. Means you could keep them in a standard fridge. However, mini kegs are not cheap.

mcscruff

Reaction score
Soda stream?
I think its worth me getting a regulator. I can see there is connectors to attach soda stream bottles if needed (or just use a proper co2 tank) and then use a carbonation cap.

For the lemonade it doesnt have to be perfect. But it means i can use the setup on beer at a later date.

Reaction score
A good few years ago I remember watching a Craigtube video on the Sedex Sediment Catcher. I don't think they were ever sold in Britain, but still available from Canada - SED EX SEDIMENT CATCHER

I think the linked one is just for twist cap glass bottles, but they may have done a version for PET bottles

Agentgonzo

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've seen these caps online (abroad) as well. Reviews says they were ok at best. I tried the method champenoise, but at a home scale it didn't work. If there was an easy solution, it would be all over the internet. Unfortunately, short of getting a co2 setup, there isn't