Forum members summer gathering.....Brewing Buddies Bash

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapbrew

Junk and disorderly
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in a weekend gathering later in the summer to get to know others here a little better?

For the last 10 years I have hosted a gathering for members of the biofuel community at my field in Bucks. We call it the Bio Buddies Bash, and it made what was a great forum even better when folks got to know each other.

I am thinking of doing similar this year for the members of this forum so a Brewing Buddies Bash!
My friend from Devizes usually brings 100L of his wicked cider so it's not much different. People bring stuff to sell, swap, give away and bring there kit/ideas/stuff they have made to demo to others.
Camping for the weekend and chewin the fat over a beer round the campfire, or just pop in for an hour, a morning or a day, the kettle is always on (bring food n drink to share)

We have Mains electric and water and compost toilets, 6m Gazebo with sink, fridge and freezer and pots/pans/cutlery and plenty o sofas and chairs.

We usually do a big pot of curry or chilli or something for the Saturday night.

I ask for £5 per person entry fee to cover running costs.

Not sure when ATM, possibly late July or early August. :party:

Some info and pics from our gatherings here so you get the idea.
http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/mybbforum/showthread.php?tid=39412

http://www.biopowered.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2580.15.html

http://s283.photobucket.com/user/hifly2000/slideshow/bbb 08/bbb2014

As you can see from the pics coz biodiesel is fuel, like brewdog, we blow sh1t up!

Is anyone interested in a weekend gathering later in the summer to get to know others here a little better?

For the last 10 years I have hosted a gathering for members of the biofuel community at my field in Bucks. We call it the Bio Buddies Bash, and it made what was a great forum even better when folks got to know each other.

I am thinking of doing similar this year for the members of this forum so a Brewing Buddies Bash!
My friend from Devizes usually brings 100L of his wicked cider so it's not much different. People bring stuff to sell, swap, give away and bring there kit/ideas/stuff they have made to demo to others.
Camping for the weekend and chewin the fat over a beer round the campfire, or just pop in for an hour, a morning or a day, the kettle is always on (bring food n drink to share)

We have Mains electric and water and compost toilets, 6m Gazebo with sink, fridge and freezer and pots/pans/cutlery and plenty o sofas and chairs.

We usually do a big pot of curry or chilli or something for the Saturday night.

I ask for £5 per person entry fee to cover running costs.

Not sure when ATM, possibly late July or early August. :party:

Some info and pics from our gatherings here so you get the idea.
http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/mybbforum/showthread.php?tid=39412

http://www.biopowered.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2580.15.html

http://s283.photobucket.com/user/hifly2000/slideshow/bbb 08/bbb2014

As you can see from the pics coz biodiesel is fuel, like brewdog, we blow sh1t up!

The part highlighted in bold Jamie!

I could certainly fancy this, I think its a great idea.

It would be handy if anyone else from "oop norf" wanted to arrange car-sharing or even a minibus if there were enough interested, to keep the costs down.

Excellent shout Cheapo!

Yes we have folks car sharing, picking up stuff for others and delivering to or from the bash and as a result a forum courier service developed whereby folks post up what they need shifting and from where to where if anyone is going that way they offer to help for tea n biccies, in this forum's case maybe it should be beer n peanuts/twiglets.

See examples here...you can see my posts asking for collection of swing tops!
Members Cross Country Relay Service Need help with an item moved/picked up? ask here...
http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/mybbforum/forumdisplay.php?fid=45

There is already a home brew festival for all the UK brewing forums but every effort to advertise it on here was banned and removed. I stood down as a moderator partly for that reason. I now understand that Mansemasher has left the forum, and am contemplating doing do myself. Not for the first time.

I like the idea of a get together and it's a great offer, I just feel personally that I am concerned about the direction of this forum and about the reasons for MM leaving, and I reckon this post will be removed, going by past form. Open discussion is not permitted.

Ok. ??????

Are we all unaware of issues in the background???

I thought this was a friendly place. Why would discussing a meet up be banned?

There does seem to be some funny politics behind the scenes here towards the greater brewing community. This is where gatherings can help, with the written word it's not so easy to understand the meaning or the intention behind something as when hearing the words and the tone and seeing the body language.

Well this is an offer for the benefit of members here so if it gets removed I will probably remove myself too.

Why would this be removed or not allowed, I do remember a year or so ago a member regular getting banned and I coulnd't understand why

If Manse has left that is a real shame

If MM has left and Clibit is thinking of leaving it's a catastrophe. :doh:

with MM official I have to ask, what would cause a member of a HB forum to not only give up mods but quit altogether?

I know I shouldn't speculate but MM seemed like a good level headed and great member, it is a little bit disconcerting when a member feels they have to leave what should be a pretty chilled out community

Shame for MM to leave. Like above I can't think what would cause someone to leave the scene altogether. He did such a great job around here. Anyone taken over from him?

There does seem to be some funny politics behind the scenes here towards the greater brewing community. This is where gatherings can help, with the written word it's not so easy to understand the meaning or the intention behind something as when hearing the words and the tone and seeing the body language.

Well this is an offer for the benefit of members here so if it gets removed I will probably remove myself too.

I meant my post will be removed sorry, not yours. I've poisoned your thread, my apologies, especially if the thread gets removed cos of me.

I'd be up for it, date dependent as I'm off on hols for a few weeks in August and usually spend some time in Wales around my birthday in July.

How on earth can it be stopped if it's a hbf activity? Even if other non hbf folk are there?

Weird.

Didn't realise mm had left. Can't believe there's politics on a flipping beewing forum. Jeez.

I'd be up for it, date dependent as I'm off on hols for a few weeks in August and usually spend some time in Wales around my birthday in July.

How on earth can it be stopped if it's a hbf activity? Even if other non hbf folk are there?

Weird.

Didn't realise mm had left. Can't believe there's politics on a flipping beewing forum. Jeez.

There's politics on every type of forum:doh::twisted:

If MM has left and Clibit is thinking of leaving it's a catastrophe. :doh:

Please let us know where (the two of) you end up, if you leave.
Such a shame to lose members that contribute so much.

Sorry for the thread hijack

Latest posts

Back