Four Priests Brewery YouTube channel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@chopps

Enjoying the videos.

As you mentioned the sound problems in the other videos (in video 11) i thought i would mention i had to turn the pc speakers to maximum to hear you clearly in video 11, in videos 1 - 10 it was fine at medium level i assume there is a setting your end that has changed.

Last edited:
At least the pressure/blow off valve is working! Although I'd swap/check those JG fittings incase they're not rated for your kettle. I'd sooner use secured camlocks. Also I'd find somewhere to safely vent it...definitely towards the floor or maybe into a 56 gallon drum...if your kettle blows it'll be screaming hot and dangerous...but you know that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I'd swap/check those JG fittings incase they're not rated for your kettle

I really really don't like those JG fittings (sent Chopps a PM about them a couple of days ago) we had one blow off a pipe in our kitchen luckily we were in and heard the noise by the time we got to the mains water tap the kitchen floor was standing in water, i dread to think of how deep it would have been if it had been running all night.

This had only been put in by the plumber that did the kitchen a couple of years ago we have now had them replaced with soldered joints as when we left the house it was always at the back of our minds it could happen again.

Awesome. You'll smash it (see what I did there?) :coat:
Reminds me of how I felt before I did my first AG: so many things to remember; so many bits of kit I wasn't sure how to operate.
So what's Gyle no.1 going to be then?

Still fiddling with it but I'm keeping it simple.

I don't need a million ingredients, too many hop additions or an over complicated process.
There will be quite enough going on with me splashing around in puddles and jets of wort squirting round the place.

So it will be Extra Pale and 3% Cara 30, with Citra and Talus in equal measure. US-05 as it's boring and predictable.
Aiming for about 4.5-4.8% abv and 35 IBU.
The style fits BJCP 12A British Golden Ale so that's what I'll say it is :)
https://www.bjcp.org/style/2015/12/12A/british-golden-ale/
K.I.S.S

Just a quick note to say how much I am enjoying the videos. Looking forward to the first brewday one, hope all goes well!
Cheers mate. I hope so too. The weather forecast is nice so at least if it all goes wrong I can sit outside the Big Lock pub across the road and cry into a pint of generic lager.

There will be quite enough going on with me splashing around in puddles and jets of wort squirting round the place...

1649850656322.png

Still fiddling with it but I'm keeping it simple.

I don't need a million ingredients, too many hop additions or an over complicated process.
There will be quite enough going on with me splashing around in puddles and jets of wort squirting round the place.

So it will be Extra Pale and 3% Cara 30, with Citra and Talus in equal measure. US-05 as it's boring and predictable.
Aiming for about 4.5-4.8% abv and 35 IBU.
The style fits BJCP 12A British Golden Ale so that's what I'll say it is :)
https://www.bjcp.org/style/2015/12/12A/british-golden-ale/
K.I.S.S
Excellent stuff and I'm sure you'll manage to jump the hurdles when they arrive.Giid luck...

Back