Frasier fans.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Frasier a good or bad idea?

• Good idea the original was brilliant.

• Bad idea for so may reasons. (please state)

• I liked the original but i am on the fence.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was a big fan of the original but i am in two minds as to whether this is a good idea or not, if you were a fan what are your thoughts.

Kelsey Grammer 'gleefully anticipates' reboot of Frasier

Actor will reprise his role in the return of one of television’s most successful sitcoms after 17 years

The tossed salads and scrambled eggs are calling again and Frasier is coming back in the building, it has been announced, with the return of one of television’s most successful sitcoms.

A reboot of Frasier has been ordered by the new US streaming service Paramount+ with Kelsey Grammer returning to the title role, one he debuted as Diane’s new boyfriend in an episode of Cheers in 1984.

Full article - Kelsey Grammer 'gleefully anticipates' reboot of Frasier

Wow, is it 17 years since Fraiser ended? I never saw the final couple of seasons after watching it almost every night on the comedy channel in my youth. Continuing the story could be good so long as they do it properly and aren't just after a cash grab of returning to something previously popular.

He was on breakfast TV and said they are not going to carry on as if the new series starts the day after the old one finished.

Can you remember the episode when Frasier and Niiles bought a restaurant funniest episode I ever saw just like British farce.
Its the giant fireball of a flambee that I always liked in that one. Oh, and people thinking of "big soufflé" when they think of Niles.

I'm struggling a bit to learn that Kelsey Grammer is an ardent Trump supporter and funder, it is totally not what I've thought about Frasier. I loved Frasier and was told when I was a GP trainee that I seemed like Frasier Crane on the phone to patients - well a female version anyway. I always took that as a bit of a compliment, and am still careful to introduce myself on the phone that way.

Anna

I absolutely love Frasier, but with everything that gets a reboot it’s always so disappointing. What you often love about the original show or film is not possible to re boot.
For me the best episode is the one where Niles thinks that Maris is having an affair with the German fencing instructor. Niles and he end up having the most ridiculous sword play with Niles stood atop a Piano. Leaping and ducking beneath his opponent’s rapier. Very silly.

Yeah, Marty being gone is a huge hit and it's not like they can say Eddie has been hid in the freezer for 30 years. And when the Niles and Daphne thing came to an end that took a huge element out of the show.

Most memorable episode for me is when Niles takes Daphne to the dance and finally thinks that she's in love with him. That episode shreds me.

I do think it can work but they need to do what a lot of things are doing and make it almost retro, charming and stupid. They'll still need social goals and fail trying to get them and not be scared to throw in jokes about Maris or an unseen ex of some sort. Snowflakery will dull that blade.

Latest posts

Back