Free hops to collect - Scotland Central Belt - Now offering postage (details in post #6)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all so far, based on the requests by pm, that looks like I'm almost out of the First Gold, and have about 3kg left of the Summit.
I've requests from @jayk34 @Random Badger @stuarts @GeorgieV @Gerryjo and @the baron
Edit: adding @Benfleet Brewery @Rento
I've kept 200g of each for myself. I hadn't realised till I worked out that there's over £500 of hops sitting in those boxes, which is a bit barmy :oops:.

Anna
hi anna if theres any left ill take up to 500g of whatever is going happy to pay postage and packing to manchester. Just pm me to let me know how i can pay you

Hi Anna if there's any left I would take 500g of each posted to Durham if possible please

Hi Anna if there's any left I would take 500g of each posted to Durham if possible please
Hi just the summit left if that’s ok - if you can pm me your address I’ll send them down next week. I’ll let you know what the postage will be once they are packed as it does rather depend on what my new vacuum sealer can squash them down to.

Anna

After portioning out the leaf hops for @stuarts when he collected them today I am really really hoping that vacuum sealer I've ordered can effectively shrink them down :eek:. It didn't help that he caught me moving things around in the garage so rather than my ordered tidiness that I like I was surrounded by bottles and brewing bits! Always nice to meet someone who is similarly keen on all things brewing 🥳 😁.

Anna

So this morning has been spent learning how to use a vacuum sealer, and just how long it takes to pack down hops 🤪
..and how much mess it makes
...and that I was being just a bit over ambitious (again)
....and how big a bag is needed for a kg of leaf hops!

IMG_0522.jpeg
IMG_0521.jpeg

Ok you are all really lovely people and it's a great place this, but packing down hops is a definite one off exercise, I'm class one jiggered. I'm not quite done yet as I ran out of vac pack roll, so it will be next week till I can post.

Anna

So this morning has been spent learning how to use a vacuum sealer, and just how long it takes to pack down hops 🤪

View attachment 48458View attachment 48459

Ok you are all really lovely people and it's a great place this, but packing down hops is a definite one off exercise, I'm class one jiggered. I'm not quite done yet as I ran out of vac pack roll, so it will be next week till I can post.

Anna
On the plus side i bet your kitchen smells lovely. What a great thing to do for others, this is why i love this forum.

View attachment 48458View attachment 48459

Anna

Thank you for taking this on Anna.clapa

Even if the lesson learned is never volunteer! ashock1

Just keep reminding yourself that hoppiness is only one letter away from happiness...

Posted out today some of the hops I'd packed just to make a bit of space in the fridge. I also picked up some more vac pack roll so will be able to continue with the packing. Some of the volumes are a wee bit down on what I had said due to having less First Gold than expected, and my packing inexperience with the vac pack machine.
Posted today @GeorgieV @Gerryjo @the baron @Rento @Wez82 and I was pretty sure I'd also posted to @Random Badger but I can't see the reference on the receipt which is a bit odd 🧐, I'll pop in to the post office tomorrow and double check.

Let me know that they've arrived ok and I'll pm you the details to cover postage which wasn't a lot.

Anna

Last edited:
Your comments are lovely but I'm really just the messenger in this case, the credit properly belongs to Dave Lannigan at Ride Brewing Co who was kind enough to offer up the hops. As for sharing beers made with them, again I don't think it's fair to put people under that expectation as these were offered here as 'free'. I was in two minds whether to bill for postage at all since it did rather break the idea of the offer I'd put up here as it was. My enjoyment from this has been in facilitating good things for other people, I've learnt a lot about vacuum sealing, and I do owe an apology for one or two of the packages where the vacuum failed a bit and I had to reseal them.

@Broken Toe I don't think there will be left over once I'm done packaging but I'll see. A couple of the packages were a bit short on weight because either there was more limited stock than I expected (the goldings) or I ran out of vac pack roll and it was all I could fit in what was left. I've also a few to send still, I might get some time today to pack them down but I'm not sure.

Anna

Latest posts

Back