Freemasonry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out Lodge P2 in Italy athumb.. :tinhat:
I think the important thing to note there is that the Masonic charter was revoked. So obviously Masonry was at least trying to ensure no wrongdoing.

Personally, having met loads of Masons (my Dad was a Grandmaster), the idea of those duffers being part of any grand conspiracy is laughable. Two pints and they'd tell you anything

I’ve got a fair few friends who are in and was given an invite myself, but my gut was saying no. Maybe one day in the future. When I moved I bumped into a few of the lads from the local lodge and was offered a tour. I wonder how many lodges, like businesses, will suffer?

Sorry for my ignorance, as I wasn't born here and we didn't have freemasons in Poland (at least I'm not aware) - what is Freemason organization? Do they have a goal to achieve, or is it something like a working man club?

I’ve got a fair few friends who are in and was given an invite myself, but my gut was saying no. Maybe one day in the future. When I moved I bumped into a few of the lads from the local lodge and was offered a tour. I wonder how many lodges, like businesses, will suffer?
Sorry for my ignorance, as I wasn't born here and we didn't have freemasons in Poland (at least I'm not aware) - what is Freemason organization? Do they have a goal to achieve, or is it something like a working man club?
Good luck getting an answer

No problem with an answer - the press make it out as being part of ‘The New World Order’ but the reality is it’s just a bunch of blokes getting together, wearing a pinny, eating, drinking and having a raffle. The culmination is that it’s the second largest contributor to charity after the national lottery and is behind a lot of the major emergency service schemes like blood bikes and air ambulance as well as local charities. I think they recently purchased some sort of micro scalpel machine for a Northern hospital because the NHS couldnt get funding.

The aim is ‘making good men better’ which doesn’t always work as there are the usual pains you get in any club, but the meeting part is around morality and being a decent person, the after part is having a drink and eating with friends.

it’s the second largest contributor to charity after the national lottery and is behind a lot of the major emergency service schemes like blood bikes and air ambulance as well as local charities.

Its a shame the sheeple don't know this if they did maybe they would stop spreading all the **** about rolled up trouser legs etc.

What ****** me off with lodge I was with , me hand was never put me pocket

Festive board was a complete rip off and **** food

The old **** who dishes out the wine to the stewards you’d have thought he was giving away his own plasma

Tight *******

Will suffer very badly

Most members as has been pointed out are very old and will be very vulnerable

Numbers will be at bare min I’d have thought right now

There will be no 1st or third degree ceremonies due to distancing ( ooh shoot me !!)

Last edited by a moderator:
What p****d me off with lodge I was with , me hand was never put me pocket

Festive board was a complete rip off and **** food

The old **** who dishes out the wine to the stewards you’d have thought he was giving away his own plasma

Tight *******

I think a lot of that stewards serving lark has stopped now, can’t disagree about the food though!!! Never had so many Sunday roasts!

Freemasonry

Will suffer very badly

Most members as has been pointed out are very old and will be very vulnerable

Numbers will be at bare min I’d have thought right now

There will be no 1st or third degree ceremonies due to distancing ( ooh shoot me !!)

yeah this rule of 6 means that most just aren’t meeting. Add into that members passing and others who can’t be bothered any more and it’s pretty bleak!

Chippy - dead right.

Im surprised there aren’t others on here who are members, I know a few home brewers through them.

Worth a try I guess!

Ive been thinking about finding out how to go about joining a Lodge not far from me in Great Yarmouth.

My 1st counsin 4 times removed was Lord Mayor of Great Yarmouth and a senior Mason. I believe he welcomed the Prince of Wales to Yarmouth and their Lodge.

John William Budds Johnson.jpg

Id be interested in finding out a bit more. Maybe I should soften them up with my 7.1% IPA?

buddsy

Last edited:
I cannot see the picture looks like the link is dodgy.
I don't know what goes on behind closed doors and as long as they are not doing anything illegal and not hurting anyone I don't particularly care they do a lot for charity and that'll do for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: HSD
I cannot see the picture looks like the link is dodgy.
I don't know what goes on behind closed doors and as long as they are not doing anything illegal and not hurting anyone I don't particularly care they do a lot for charity and that'll do for me.
You deleted a post here?

You deleted a post here?

You posted a picture of Jimmy Saville and posted

"not like charity work has ever been a front for sinister goings on, eh"

he was convicted for doing something illegal and wasn't as far as i know a mason therefore its not relevant unless you are accusing members of the Masons of doing the same illegal acts as he did which i am sure you are not.

Last edited:
You posted a picture of Jimmy Saville and posted

"not like charity work has ever been a front for sinister goings on, eh"

he was convicted for doing something illegal and wasn't as far as i know a mason therefore its not relevant unless you are accusing members of the Masons of doing the same illegal acts as he did which i am sure you are not.
Clearly not, I was making the general point that doing charity work has been known to be a front for wrongdoing rather than any specific crime.

Wasn't aware that was against forum rules?

Clearly not, I was making the general point that doing charity work has been known to be a front for wrongdoing rather than any specific crime.

Wasn't aware that was against forum rules?

It wasn't against the rules but i see no reason for having a picture of child molester in a thread about the masons and the last thing i want is further discussion here about what he and other stars of the time got up to, therefore in my view its better removed.

Back