Freemasonry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asherweef

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any other Freemasons on here (cue the ‘it’s a secret’) comments.

Strange old time at the moment with no Lodge or Chapter meetings so thought it might be a good idea to discover other members and perhaps come up with a themed beer!

Did 3 years me lad

If wasn’t surrounded by old farts like young mr grace from “are you being served” might have enjoyed it more

So Mote It Be

Did 3 years me lad

If wasn’t surrounded by old farts like young mr grace from “are you being served” might have enjoyed it more

So Mote It Be
I think I struck lucky with Lodge and Hall, whilst both are much older than me It’s full of decent chaps (with the usual exception or two!). A shame you didn’t enjoy it enough to stay but who knows what the future might bring!

I think I struck lucky with Lodge and Hall, whilst both are much older than me It’s full of decent chaps (with the usual exception or two!). A shame you didn’t enjoy it enough to stay but who knows what the future might bring!

Ay ya never know (tut tut 😂)

The handshake is nothing

And the reality is there’s nowt sinister

You’d be monumentally dissapointed if you thought it was a world of macabre

My experience was as exciting as a dose of screaming heameroids

Check out Lodge P2 in Italy athumb.. :tinhat:

wow I’ve just had a google of that and bookmarked for reading later on. Definitely not my experience which is more what Milesey is saying - not that exciting! Usually just a good opportunity to hear bad jokes, have some food and plenty of ale!

Im not sure if I’m cut out for P2 :laugh8:

:laugh8: im pleased to say there’s no goats involved! I did hear at some point that ‘riding the goat’ or something was an old saying for being up to no good... again, a bit OTT when you realise most people turn up for the booze

In all seriousness my brother in law’s father was a “grand master” or whatever ***** that meant but I still ate the steak pies he brought home, saying that it was a bit chewy

wow I’ve just had a google of that and bookmarked for reading later on. Definitely not my experience which is more what Milesey is saying - not that exciting! Usually just a good opportunity to hear bad jokes, have some food and plenty of ale!

Im not sure if I’m cut out for P2 :laugh8:
While your at it check out Roberto Galvi he was the guy they found hanging under blackfriers bridge, he was head of banco ambrosiano who looked after the vatican dosh athumb..

While your at it check out Roberto Galvi he was the guy they found hanging under blackfriers bridge, he was head of banco ambrosiano who looked after the vatican dosh athumb..
Should I be concerned at this level of knowledge!?

Did 3 years me lad

So Mote It Be
I did about the same, could have been a bit longer.
I joined a lodge suggested by a workmate, turned out to be predominantly full of local coppers.
so it was very clique’y and outside of my experience and interest.

The mrs. loved ladies night though!

I moved jobs and took the opportunity to exit stage left 😄

My briefcase full of the gubbins is still in the loft somewhere I guess.

interestingly, a local brewery makes a special brew for lodge use.
Not a stunner though.

I did about the same, could have been a bit longer.
I joined a lodge suggested by a workmate, turned out to be predominantly full of local coppers.
so it was very clique’y and outside of my experience and interest.

The mrs. loved ladies night though!

I moved jobs and took the opportunity to exit stage left 😄

My briefcase full of the gubbins is still in the loft somewhere I guess.

interestingly, a local brewery makes a special brew for lodge use.
Not a stunner though.

Yeah I guess you could get it to be a bit cliquey, we do have a couple of coppers in our hall, although they’re outweighed by the pensioners now :laugh8:

Back