Fridge for corny kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidHatton

Reaction score
Hi, now I have space I am looking for some tips on fridges that can take 2 corny kegs.
Got a fermentation fridge which is a small form fridge at 48cm across, can only be counter height not the larder style.

What do people recommend please.

Cheers

David

I have a Hotpoint iced diamond RLA21. It is tight with two shorter fatter kegs with one slightly overhanging the bottom but the door still closes fine. This fridge comfortably takes the taller slimmer kegs too.
6F206459-BA7A-4CF3-8CB8-F56A8232D5B2.jpeg

By comparison, my Whirlpool fridge, which is exactly the same external width as the hotpoint (55cm) needed to have some of the inside cut away in order to house two kegs. In addition, the positioning of the light on the whirlpool means I can’t fit a taller slimmer keg on the right hand side.
6550E8EF-980F-4892-AC44-ACC8962CBCB7.jpeg

Speaking from v recent experience, it's important to take into account the projection of the shelf supports on the side wall as they alter the usable space in the fridge. I've just switched over to the taller narrow kegs to be able to fit in the fridge purchased for this purpose.

Another model which is pretty similar for size is the Bosch KTR18P20GB Logixx Easy Access. There are a few more threads which discuss this like this one

Speaking from v recent experience, it's important to take into account the projection of the shelf supports on the side wall as they alter the usable space in the fridge. I've just switched over to the taller narrow kegs to be able to fit in the fridge purchased for this purpose.
Anna, is it the 19ltr AEB kegs that you have now? I’ve got those ones but haven’t yet identified a good fridge

Hi TETB, is it the new tall thinner kegs you have? If so that’s the same as me. Are you limited to an undercounter fridge? If so I’d suggest considering the models in This thread. There are others, of course, and I’m sure other members will add their thoughts.

Hi TETB, is it the new tall thinner kegs you have? If so that’s the same as me. Are you limited to an undercounter fridge? If so I’d suggest considering the models in This thread. There are others, of course, and I’m sure other members will add their thoughts.
Heh well, I think so, yes - they are the new AEB ones and they do seems quite slim compared to others I’ve seen... and no, I’m not limited to an under counter one as such athumb..

This is an old photo of one of mine, but It’s not a great angle.
1622753804290.jpeg

Heh well, I think so, yes - they are the new AEB ones and they do seems quite slim compared to others I’ve seen... and no, I’m not limited to an under counter one as such athumb..

This is an old photo of one of mine, but It’s not a great angle.
View attachment 48429
That does look like the new thinner version. I first bought a couple of the reconditioned ones (as Doc Anna mentioned) but had to swap to fit more into the Kegerator I was planning to build.
The one in the photo gives much more flexibility in fridge choice, but as has been mentioned by Benfleet Brewery be aware of the control/light “bubble” on the side interfering with keg placement.

I've just converted a Hotpoint RLA36 with two kegs - plenty of room inside. Reconditioned Kegs.
I think the 36 is the newer version of the 34. I like them as they have the light/temp sensor lump at the top, giving you more width. Also the compressor lump doesn't run the entire width, so you can keep the 1/2 width door shelves on one side as the keg can go a bit further back.

Another model which is pretty similar for size is the Bosch KTR18P20GB Logixx Easy Access. There are a few more threads which discuss this like this one
I have one like this, but not the easy access model. It still has the condenser bulge over to one side. I could get three slimmer kegs in there.

Last edited:
I currently only have two taps on mine, but spaced to allow a third if I ever get to the point of having more than two beers in at any given time! Seems my Consumption/Production ratio might need adjustment. :rolleyes:

I currently only have two taps on mine, but spaced to allow a third if I ever get to the point of having more than two beers in at any given time! Seems my Consumption/Production ratio might need adjustment. :rolleyes:
You could just use a party tap on your third keg.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem is that I don't have a third "Live" keg at any given time!

Latest posts

Back