Fridges For Kegerator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20190626_214023.jpg
20190626_214013.jpg
I tried to get my gas manifold / splitter inside the fridge originally but discovered it was really hard to get the gas lines to bend enough. If they are under tension they tend to leak more. So having the gas and controls outside the fridge may look a little more messy but I found it more practical.

On another practical note I put my beer taps a little too high so couldn't open the freezer door above. I've had to carve semi circles out of the bottom of the freezer door so it still opens. #plonker.

I know the last Post was a year ago but your Beko looks spot on for what I’m after, just wondering if you could tell me the model number, cheers.

I know the last Post was a year ago but your Beko looks spot on for what I’m after, just wondering if you could tell me the model number, cheers.

beko tda735s It's pretty old though, I reckon at least 10yrs. My dad has a version without the freezer. We still use the freezer bit as an overflow for our main freezer which is annoying as I found the fridge a little too cold for my beer.

If I put an inkbird controller on it to lift the fridge temperature it would intermittently turn the freezer off if that makes sense.

I've done my garage up since the last photo and added a pizza oven.

Attachments

• 20200628_130657.jpg
    20200628_130657.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 128
Wow that looks great, very jealous athumb..

I’ve been brewing for years but had started to wind down a bit and sell stuff off. Moved house last year and new neighbour had just started brewing so rekindled my interest, anyway we have decided to build a brew space in his workshop and need a couple of fridges. The fermentation chamber is sorted (temp controlled Hotpoint RPA 36) but have been stuck trying to find a crash cooler and serving fridge with an icebox or small freezer section. Cheers for the info it’s given me some good ideas, what I need now is a list of 70cm discontinued units, the search continues.......

Wondering what current fridge models are suitable. I only need to fit 2 corny kegs inside. Thanks in advance.

Wondering what current fridge models are suitable. I only need to fit 2 corny kegs inside. Thanks in advance.
In the end I got two Hotpoint RLA36 fridges, one as a temp controlled fermenter and the other as a crash cooler / kegerator. Each fridge holds 3 corny kegs, or two and a gas cylinder comfortably.

In the end I got two Hotpoint RLA36 fridges, one as a temp controlled fermenter and the other as a crash cooler / kegerator. Each fridge holds 3 corny kegs, or two and a gas cylinder comfortably.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into that one. Problem is that the shops are shut and you can't see before you buy!

Hey dude, I'm looking for an undercounter which will hold 3 corny kegs. Are you talking about 3x 19L kegs here, the old (23cm diameter) or new (21cm diameter) cornys?

Is this the one you got?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hotpoint-RLA36/dp/B000IY0F76

Hey dude, I'm looking for an undercounter which will hold 3 corny kegs. Are you talking about 3x 19L kegs here, the old (23cm diameter) or new (21cm diameter) cornys?

Is this the one you got?

I had the same goal (3 corny kegs) and found that the professional FK1800 series by Liebherr are an excellent option.

I found a used glass door version (FK1803-20) as a base and added a Lindr T3 tower. The CO2 is kept outside of the fridge. It works really well for me.

1634909576314.png

1634909910853.png

Is this the one you got?

Yeah, that’s the puppy and yes 19L kegs. I can‘t lay my hands on them to measure at the minute, but I think they’re a little shorter and a little wider than the most common variant - metal loop handle on top - I got them years ago from Normanumpa on eBay and used them in an old “David” Heineken keg fridge.

FYI I found appliances direct (no affiliation) are doing refurbed ones pretty cheap…..

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/...t-780998961rla36p1-fridge-freestanding-fridge

Used hotpoint RLA series, the 60cm wide ones. Got mine on eBay for £40. Fits 2 old style 19l kegs, probably would fit 3 of the new narrower ones. Use 3/16” for beer and gas lines, it’s so much easier.
it also fits a 30l kegstar…
View attachment 56147View attachment 56148
I know this is a bit of an old thread to resurrect but I'm having trouble finding this model in person: do you think the Hotpoint RLA36P1 would be able to hold one 12L keg (21 x 42cm) in addition to having two x old style 19L kegs (23 x 53cm) in there? 🤔

I know this is a bit of an old thread to resurrect but I'm having trouble finding this model in person: do you think the Hotpoint RLA36P1 would be able to hold one 12L keg (21 x 42cm) in addition to having two x old style 19L kegs (23 x 53cm) in there? 🤔
I think the 12l keg would need to stand on the compressor lump, not sure there would be enough height. I’ve got a 9l new style one so can try it out to see if it would fit in the cut out.

Have bought Fridgemaster MTL552449_WH Larder Fridge from AO, 144cm tall so not under counter, fits 3 Cornelius Kegs, narrow piping fits through drainhole for gas. Lots of room for bottles, yeast and hops

View attachment 19053 View attachment 19054

There is one of these on ebay at the moment in Wakefield for collection. Made them 2 offers but declined so they can ar5ehole. Somebody else might want it though so link is here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39445062...14w==|tkp:Bk9SR_j_r9LsYQ#LISTING_FRAME_MODULE

I think the 12l keg would need to stand on the compressor lump, not sure there would be enough height. I’ve got a 9l new style one so can try it out to see if it would fit in the cut out.
Yeah, I was thinking the two 19L would be at the front and then, in an ideal world, the 21 x 42cm one would fit either in the compressor gap or sit on top of the compressor area. Finding an undercounter larder fridge (or even a chest freezer that I'd stick on wheels to wheel out from under the counter) to fit three old style kegs has been real tricky. Would appreciate a measure if you find the time but no worries if it's too much of a hassle 🤘

Latest posts

Back