Frozen beer!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I mistakenly forgot to push my temp probe back into the keezer when I last cleared it out….. I’ve just gone in to connect up the beer line for the saison conditioning in there and it’s minus 8!!!!

anyone else made this.. error? Lol. I’m defrosting as I type so probably won’t get to try this beer until tomorrow!

So you've two options - defrost and enjoy as you would normally... or keep it frozen, invert and drain the concentrated alcohol and beer...which comes under the official consideration of 'interesting' to drink.

When my son had his 18th birthday we purchased a fair amount of beer to supply the proceedings, not appreciating that today's youth is not in the slightest interested in beer, and would rather drink vodka brought by themselves to a party 🙄. So we finished with a fair amount of Foster's lager not consumed. In a bit of an experiment, I froze distilled it into a concentrated sweet alcoholic Fosters Liqueur, which was best described as vaguely interesting but perhaps not desirable for repeating. It might of course be better with a saison.

Latest posts

Back