Fruit Puree anybody?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have used Leonce Blanc and Funkin Pro puree in beer with good success has anybody used them to make wine?

If so how much to a 5litre batch?

They are not cheap but so easy to use, I'll be making another Raspberry Wheat beer next April or early May next year :)

Atb. Aamcle

Last edited:
I found wine made with supermarket juice that contained puree threw up a lot of sediment and took a while to clear.

Hmmm not so much of a problem in beer and greebly bits just end up in the sludge at the bottom of the FV.

I'd want to use pectolase anyway, I suppose it's close to making wine from hole fruit that juce.

It looks a little pricey at £12 - £15 for 1kg. How much actual fruit is used to make 1kg?

I don't know although it worked right in beer.

May I ask in a Rapberry WOW there seems to be about 1.5litres of Apple juice what is it there for? Why not use all Raspberry and if needed a little more sugar?

Aamcle

I suppose most people use apple juice to give a cider style base at lower abv's and it's cheap compared to white grape juice (if you can find some). Surprisingly when I've use to make a higher abv it taste very much like white wine made from grape juice.

I use Lowicz Raspberry syrup to make my raspberry cider or wine. £1 a bottle when on offer at Tesco and £1.50 normally and it does give a nice raspberry taste in cider and wine without the sediment of fruit.

For 5l a good guide is 3l of 100% fruit juice (whatever mix you fancy trying) and 800g - 1kg sugar depending on the abv you want.

Raspberry Puree (Funkin) contains some were between 900 and 1000g of Raspberries nice ..
So not concentrated then? I'll happily buy and puree frozen raspberries and sell them to you @ £15, even at the price the supermarkets sell them at there must be a 100%+ markup. clapa

Have used to very good effect in beer (passion fruit wheat beer) but not wine, save yesterday I added some Funkin expensive peach puree to a mead I am making. No idea how it’ll turn out. But all good fun....

Latest posts

Back