Fruit 'Tea Bags' ....

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

johnfosteruk

Reaction score
just stumbled across lidl grape juice and fruit infusions for less than £1 each - so that'll be another batch on then. I'm doing raspberry and peach this time. I've done a few of these now with good results so it'll be nice to see how it compares when made with lidl stuff.

WaveyDave

Reaction score
I've done a few of these with mostly good results!

The ones that i left too long were the ones that went wrong. Keep an eye on the gravity..anything below 1.000 will lose its taste in my limited experience.

:thumb:

Dexter101

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earl Grey Tea bags works well in vodka. makes for a different white russian if you leave out the Kahlua!

StoutWolf

Reaction score
Timely bump, I've a couple of litres of sainsburys RWJ in the fridge, bought with the intention of trying a wow, but I don't have any orange, apple or other juice. I do have some apple and elderflower infusion that's been occupying shelf space for far too long and the necessary yeast etc. Anyone able to tell me roughly what the starting gravity should be? And whether it would benefit from addition of raisins or grape juice concentrate?

Mr_S_Jerusalem

Regular.
Reaction score
Anyone able to tell me roughly what the starting gravity should be? And whether it would benefit from addition of raisins or grape juice concentrate?
I dunno bout other people but I start my wines at like 1.090 to 1.100, taking into account the sugar from the raisins.
Nearly all the wines I make have raisins in as I think they give it more flavour. Also they cheap.

Latest posts