Fullers 1845

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep an eye on the colour of the yeast sediment. A healthy yeast is pale beige.

Also, if you're decanting off the spent wort between steps then taste it. It should taste like bland beer. If you detect sourness or sharp vinegar then it's gone bad.

Keep an eye on the colour of the yeast sediment. A healthy yeast is pale beige.

Also, if you're decanting off the spent wort between steps then taste it. It should taste like bland beer. If you detect sourness or sharp vinegar then it's gone bad.

Thanks, I decanted the spent 1.025 wort today and it tasted fine and beer-like, quite nice even!

Measured 1.008 and after the yeast all dropped out it did look more beige than white athumb..

Now stepped up to 800ml of 1.040 so fingers crossed!

Thanks, I decanted the spent 1.025 wort today and it tasted fine and beer-like, quite nice even!

Measured 1.008 and after the yeast all dropped out it did look more beige than white athumb..

Now stepped up to 800ml of 1.040 so fingers crossed!

Always worth having a slurp of the spent starter wort to see if everthing is ok. I never bother taking an FG reading of it though

Step up seems to have kicked off pretty well, evidence of a pretty good krausen overnight (the jar was clean yesterday) :cheers3:

How do I know when to stop and pitch it into a brew?

Next batch is probably 10l of TT landlord clone so I guess this yeast should work ok in that? (I'd like to try an
an 1845 or Fuller's ESB clone but don't have the right hops in stock)

IMG_20190107_080039279.jpg

Step up seems to have kicked off pretty well, evidence of a pretty good krausen overnight (the jar was clean yesterday) :cheers3:

How do I know when to stop and pitch it into a brew?

Next batch is probably 10l of TT landlord clone so I guess this yeast should work ok in that? (I'd like to try an
an 1845 or Fuller's ESB clone but don't have the right hops in stock)

View attachment 17224

Theres obviously more yeast in the krausen and suspended in the wort, If you crash cool what you have there for a few day's I reckon there'd be enough for a 10L of TT

Latest posts

Back